• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Chrome trim around wheel wells

68sunlitgold

David,
That was an option in 68, don't remember right now with what "group" but you could get it by itself.

Doug

68gt390

It was part of the "Special Decor Group". This group consisted of the following: Woodgrain Applique on dash, two-tone hood, knitted Comfortweave vinyl seat inserts, bright wheel lip moldings. V-8 models included E-70x14 wide oval white sidewall tires, Argent SS wheels with plain center caps and trim rings. This group was also call the "Sports Trim Group". As Doug mentioned although listed as "Special Decor Group", many of these items could be ordered seperately.

Myself, I would prefer not to have the bright wheel lip moldings. They caused many cars to rust much faster around the wheel wells due to water, dirt, snow and salt being trapped between the molding pieces and the wheel well.

Don

case12

I have these on mine and love the look of them - they seem to bring the fender line out more at the wheel and look great. When I got my car, Bob Teets went over it with me over the phone to discuss tips on originality and add-ons. When we got to these, he said many people added them because they look so good and they are acceptable add-ons. I imagine it is personal taste, but they look great to me.

In the March 1968 issue of "Ford Times", these are listed under Selected Optional Equipment as 'Bumper Guards, Wheel Lip Molding' for $40.86. Casey