• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Console Center Insert

1968Cally

My GTCS has the deluxe interior with a console (auto transmission). The center inserts for the console are brushed aluminum. Is this correct as all the dash "stuff" has the wood grain applique?

Interestingly, my former GTCS had a black camera case insert while also having the deluxe interior with bthe woodgrain dash. Perhaps this was not correct?

Thanks.

Dave

franklinair

1968 Interior. (I added the GT/CS emblem above the glove box.)
The inserts on the console should be black.

Neil

Attachments

• 010 (2).jpg
    010 (2).jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 64
OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

Neil,

Thanks. So I guess my former GTCS was correct. Not sure how good the black insert will look on my black console. So, I guess I may just leave it alone. Or, I guess I could get some wood grain and cover the brushed aluminum. But I am pretty picky so I will probably go with the black.

Was the brushed silver used on '68 consoles that did not have the deluxe interior? There seems to be a lack of '68 console parts from suppliers. Do you know who might sell a black insert or wood grain applique?

Also, I love your GTCS dash emblem. Where did you get that?

Thanks.

Dave

robert campbell

1968 lower consoles were all a rough finished aluminum darkened by black paint to look like camera case. They did not have wood applique. 1968 upper consoles were wood applique. Brush aluminum was a 1967 dash and lower/upper console look.

Rob

franklinair

1.) The console inserts on '68's are Black (Standard or Deluxe interior). With the chrome edges (that AREN'T painted) they look great on any color interior (IMHO).
2.) GT/CS dash emblems: I have a secret source in Canada that makes them for me.:cool:

Neil