• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Dash/pillar pads

stangfan

I had an early 68 Coupe that had both, but my understanding is that the GT/CS did not receive them. Maybe the earliest ones produced had them though.

robert campbell

Dad,
My GNS has the windshield pillar pads but no dash pad, which I assume you are speaking of is the one above the glove box so to speak. It is an interior décor group optioned car. Padded rear quarter interior and upper console blah blah.

Val's 1967 Fastback is also an interior décor group optioned car. It has the windshield pillar and the dash padding. Both are San Jose cars.

Rob

dalorzo_f

Have two December San Jose build S codes. Convertible, built Dec 14th has both. The GT coupe built 6 days later has only the pillar pads, no thin dash knee pad on the passenger side... so seem to have been phased out separately.

Ruppstang

I would not expect to see this equipment after the first week in January. The date on this sales addendum is 12-12-67. There probably was not a solid cut off in all plants and may have used up inventory on hand till gone.
Marty

Attachments

• 68 Ford Sales Catalog Addendum 001_crop.jpg
    68 Ford Sales Catalog Addendum 001_crop.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 40