• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT/CS in SF craigslist

Midnight Special

I am 50/50 on these types of ads. I believe these minimal information ads are a decent way to weed out dreamer/tire kicker calls from serious BUYER calls.

These days, I agree...
then have all the photos, marti, info & dialog handy to pass along once you qualify the buyer. Otherwise, you risk one screwball know it all on any website to foul the sale & devalue all CSs. Not to mention the few couch potatoes who believe we all need to adopt their opinions....

Example: A trailer queen is a high dollar car if you want throphies, but otherwise useless to anyone who wants to really enjoy the wonderful experiences intended. At the same time, a reliable and well groomed C-code can provide as much and more pleasure for the $$ if the individual desires uncommon classy lines and a worry free ride.

The GT/CS is rare and we want them collectible at all levels. Let buyers & sellers come to their own accord without someone getting loud about whether or not it has "factory" valve stem caps... unless you are a prospective buyer.

Last edited:

DeadStang

On the other hand... You think to yourself: "for that price, it must be an S-code car," so you call him up. And you get the guy who sits in his underpants, watching BJ Auctions and thinks his plain Jane T-code is worth big money because of what he sees on TV. And you can't get him off the phone for 45 minutes of long distance on your dime!

robert campbell

Gotta agree with Tim on his thoughts on this ad. If you are looking to buy a high end GT/CS with an S code motor and a 4 speed, you may want to chance a call. For many people these days a long distance call is free and if you get to the specifics quick, you will not waste any time at all IMO. Tim’s comment on the poisoning of any collectable car ad by people who seem to just want to seem important or want to pick at cars for a hobby is right on the money. This directed at no one. Certainly when we see out and out fraud we should weigh in. Chances are this car may be over priced and run of the mill. But in this is case you need to make a phone call. Simple as that.

I think it is great that we scan the GT/CS and HCS cars that are for sale and this adds to our registry and historical authentication of these rare Mustangs. And serves as a platform for new buyers to see cars for sale and to use our site for fair market value. I feel we should refrain from jumping to conclusions and degrading any car in our site. Again, THAT is not the case here, but I see it on other collectable car sites I visit.

We on this site are way better than that. And it shows.

Rob