• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Chrome in the dome march 2010

J.Bart

2010 ISU CHROME IN THE DOME
this is an indoor show and pocatello idaho. registation is now open.
this is the only show i know of that you can pick your spot.
we have had extremely nice cars in the past shows including a "GREAT EIGHT" car

www.chromeinthedome.com/home.htm

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

the correct date and times are: fri march 19 from 2:00 pm to 9:00pm
and sat march 20 from 9:00am to 8:00pm

you have to look at how they do the registration. go to register, then click on "reveiw floor plan"
they have a cool system

TheBlkPearl

Maybe

I might be able to make it - I am in the process of getting my 68 GT/CS ready for the Boise Roadster Show held the week before the Chrome in the Dome. I will check some schedules, financials and transportation options and should know for sure by next week. Is there a space by your cars left?

Randy

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

I might be able to make it - I am in the process of getting my 68 GT/CS ready for the Boise Roadster Show held the week before the Chrome in the Dome. I will check some schedules, financials and transportation options and should know for sure by next week. Is there a space by your cars left?

Randy

the dome is about half full right now 1/9/10 , i'm in # 64 and amy is in #66
no i didn't do that on purpose, i put her in #63 but someone registered that spot before me and it didn't pop up on the floor plan.
#76 is close to where we'll be and is open

aarrrrggggg, bring the pearl we need some help defending the cove!!!! lol!

aemoo28

OOOOh maybe I should bring Satan! Two black 68 CS cars at the show... heh heh heh. Can't decide... the perils of having two show cars...and I did buy the Explorer to tow the 68...tempting...

TheBlkPearl

OK - I signed up!!

I registered and I think that I have slot #76. I still haven't figured out how I am going to get there - March weather in Idaho is pretty unpredictable. I haven't been to Pocy for about 15 years - turns out that my 10 year old step daughter has a basketball game there on the same Friday.............

Woot!!

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

cool, your right accross from me and amy. this should be alot of fun!

aemoo28

This is great! I'll be towing my '68 to the show, providing the trans rebuild goes smoothly.

Show season is starting soon!

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

"blk pearl" Randy,
are you going to make the chrome in the dome????

TheBlkPearl

planning on the show

Still planning on the show :) I am running out of time to get the car ready - kind of like the shows on TV that always go to the last minute. I have entered a show in Boise the weekend before the Chrome in the Dome. I am in the process of installing Willwood front disc brakes, lines and a new master cylinder. Finished with a new pumpkin (380s and posi), rear window deck, new oil pan, fuel pump and metal fuel lines. Fired it up today and didn't find any leaks - whew. Haven't started cleaning and detailing so a few things probably won't be finished - the main thing is to get there. Looking forward to meeting you and Amy!!

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

wow that's alot of work,
the boise roadster show, i hear it is alot of fun, say hi to Courtney for me, she was the
co-host of that show you mentioned. i hear she goes there every year.

aemoo28

Bringing the 08 CS.

Satan has had the last laugh. Used those wonderful Griot's hydrolic car movers to tuck her into the garage for the winter... and now she won't budge. Missed our transmission appt...

hookedtrout

I'm planning on coming down to walk through, probably Saturday, hope to see everyone.

Cory

hookedtrout

Some may find it interesting and some may agree but I love going to car shows and visiting with owners and seeing the cars but I hate being tied down to car shows. All the prep work and then being tied there for the day or days just isn't for me. I've only entered it once and didn't even intend on entering it then, that was at the 1983 Rick Warner Mustang Show in SLC, I drove it down just to see the show and they talked me in to entering it once they saw me pull up. Hated being tied down for the entire day, stuck right there in the blazing sun all day just wasn't my thing and that probably set my future, being my first impression. I even won a trophy and still didn't care for showing the car.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the interaction and the wonderful comments, even got a $20,000 offer for the car, in 1983 at the show, turned it down, no idea if they would have come through but I didn't give them the chance.

Guess that aspect of collecting cars just isn't my interest in it. I'd enjoy the drive down and back more than the show itself if I had to be there for duration.

Mosesatm

Some may find it interesting and some may agree but I love going to car shows and visiting with owners and seeing the cars but I hate being tied down to car shows. All the prep work and then being tied there for the day or days just isn't for me. I've only entered it once and didn't even intend on entering it then, that was at the 1983 Rick Warner Mustang Show in SLC, I drove it down just to see the show and they talked me in to entering it once they saw me pull up. Hated being tied down for the entire day, stuck right there in the blazing sun all day just wasn't my thing and that probably set my future, being my first impression. I even won a trophy and still didn't care for showing the car.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the interaction and the wonderful comments, even got a $20,000 offer for the car, in 1983 at the show, turned it down, no idea if they would have come through but I didn't give them the chance.

Guess that aspect of collecting cars just isn't my interest in it. I'd enjoy the drive down and back more than the show itself if I had to be there for duration.

I agree, especially in Houston when it's 95 degrees and 90% humidity.

I'd rather drop off the car, look around and chat for an hour, go do something else, then come back at the end of the show and get the car.

hookedtrout

Me, I'd rather pull up in the car, park in the parking lot, go check out all the other cars, say hi, pay all the compliments I can, ask a lot of questions, learn a few things, go get in the car, crank up the music and cruise around seeing the sights if there are any.

No scheduling a spot in the show, no preparing the car for the show, no having to be there early, no worry about the car being left unattended, no having to go back and get the car later, no worry about how I'll do in the big scheme of things competitively. Just take it all in and enjoy and then leave when I'm ready.

But that's just me. Which reminds me when I do get it out after all the snow leaves which isn't going to be any time soon as it's snowing more now and it was getting down to 15 below zero a couple of nights ago, but I need to take it in and have the front end alignment done, after they installed the front disc brakes they eye balled it in but it needs an alignment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

J.Bart

i understand, their are a couple of shows like that though.
the one in idaho falls on fathers day. i think the one in am. falls too.
you can come and go as you please.

hookedtrout

i understand, their are a couple of shows like that though.
the one in idaho falls on fathers day. i think the one in am. falls too.
you can come and go as you please.

I've been to one show in I.F. at Tauphus Park several years back, again I didn't enter and most of the time I don't even drive the Mustang down I take the comfort cars, don't know why, guess I just don't see my car as a show piece I just go to enjoy seeing other peoples cars. The times that I enjoy the Mustang physically are with the kids, taking them to ball practice or games, or just quick runs to town to pick up something, that's when I enjoy the car. I do think if it were restored I'd be more inclined or tempted to go spend a day at a show in the park if I had a day to kill.