CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 04/22/2013, 05:41 PM   #136
Forsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68sunlitgold View Post
Steve,
great idea on the coins....you will always have that part of the story to tell about the car and be able to show part of it too (both car and coin). Looking forward to seeing the 'after' pictures.

I noticed the rather large kick-panel speakers...do they get in the way?

Doug
Thanks Doug. As far as the speakers are concerned, I don't like them and thought about removing them, but decided to leave them for now since it was part of Walter's car. I thought they might get in the way also but they really don't.

Was working on the underside of the car today. Made some progress but have a long way to go. Will definitely post pics as we get it cleaned up.

Steve
Forsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/2017, 07:30 PM   #137
Forsche

It's been quite a while! Thought, I'd update on a few things with "Walter". As some of you know from the story above, we have had Walter for about five years now. My wife Sara loves the car and claims she'll never sell. The car runs beautifully and we have had zero issues since we bought it. Sara drives it minimally maybe 700-800 miles a year.

About three years ago a writer stopped by and talked with us while we were at Caffeine and Octane, a huge Cars and Coffee monthly event here in Atlanta. He was intrigued with the story of Walter and wanted to pitch it with some of the enthusiast magazines. Long story short, we never heard anything more until recently. Sara got a call that the writer was going to pitch the story again. Well, Mustang Monthly now seems to want to run the story. We're shooting some photos tomorrow for the article. Fun stuff.

And if that were not enough, we received an email today from a local company that supplies cars for movies. They are shooting a Neil Armstrong movie, "First Man" in early December and want to rent Walter! For all we know it could be just street scenes with 60's and 70's cars but could be fun if Walter makes it into the movie.

Will let you know more as we hear more about Walter's celebrity status.

Steve and Sara.
Old 11/10/2017, 09:25 PM   #138
Ruppstang

My Garage
Hi Steve it is good to hear from you. That is exciting news. You will have to keep us up to date on what happens with Walter.
Marty

Follow HCS restoration at http://68hcs.weebly.com
Ruppstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/2017, 09:30 PM   #139
mbsf1970

Dream car: '68 GTCS Pres Blue

wow, talk about resurrecting an old thread!! Hope Walter makes it into a film!!
Stephen
mbsf1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/2017, 09:54 PM   #140
Batgirl89

My Garage
Very cool!
Batgirl89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/2017, 01:18 PM   #141
stangfan

GT/CS 8R01C150245

My Garage
Nice! Please keep us posted. I'll be watching for Walter in Mustang Monthly.

Steve Cracknell
stangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2017, 08:04 PM   #142
Forsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangfan View Post
Nice! Please keep us posted. I'll be watching for Walter in Mustang Monthly.
Well Roger, the guy who is doing the article, came over and took some pics and a video (I guess for the online version of the magazine?). Not sure when it may show up in the publication but will let you all know when we hear more.

Steve

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions