• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale '68 CS near Spokane

Mosesatm

I'll take a day off and check it out with you if you want.
Did you ever hear from the guy who knows a guy who knows of a GT/CS in a garage, or something like that?

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

I'll take a day off and check it out with you if you want.
Did you ever hear from the guy who knows a guy who knows of a GT/CS in a garage, or something like that?

I just emailed the seller and see if he wants us to come over and look at it, or if he has a Marti, etc.

I talked to the guy that knows of one in a garage a few weeks ago, but have been gone on vacation, and then spent the last two days working on Stephen's car again, so haven't had a chance to check back in with him. I'll keep you posted.

Steve

Mosesatm

This car has some serious red flags. It'll be interesting to see if it's real.
It also looks like someone went a little crazy with the paint gun.

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

I did receive a couple of very brief emails back from the seller, and he'd agreed to let Arlie and I come look at it this weekend. When I asked for a time and place, and asked if he had a Marti or any documentation, communication stopped. While I won't speculate why someone wouldn't want knowledgeable people looking at their car and talking about it on a dedicated website to help sell it, I would suggest that anyone thinking of this car, ask for a VIN, order a basic Marti, and obtain a vehicle inspection before proceeding.

Steve

robert campbell

Did you notice the high script location? Car has the newer quarter reflectors, so it must be a bit of a later run unit of these cars.

Rob

Mosesatm

The scripts also don't properly align. Probably had the quarter panel replaced at some point.

Check out the paint bomb under the hood, especially the washer hoses and hood hinges.

Attachments

• Quarter.jpg
    Quarter.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Engine.jpg
    Engine.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Midnight Special

...While I won't speculate why someone wouldn't want knowledgeable people looking at their car and talking about it on a dedicated website to help sell it...
Steve

...With remarks like "serious red flags", "improperly aligned scripts" and "paint bombs under the hood..." He ain't gonna want you to help sell it ;-)

As so often said here, definitely ask for a VIN, basic Marti, and inspection before proceeding (if individually interested in buying it) Then make your own (uncluttered) deal....