• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale GT/CS Project

franklinair

It looks like a righteous candidate for resurrecting (if indeed no rust), but still priced a tad too high for its condition. Needs EVERYTHING re-done. I'd consider it for $7K if it checked out OK, but his ad says $9,500 Firm.
(I've got 2 current projects in progress, timing's not right for me.)

Neil

CougarCJ

Is that Lime Green in the door jambs?

Looks like a 1968 Cougar in the garage.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I see a lot of Sunlit Gold but no Lime Gold. The front turn signal bezel also seems to be Sunlit.

Don

Prepped for paint in '86. Prep job looks like a shortcut job without removing bumpers, taillights, etc. This one is a do over (must be stripped down completely to do it right).

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

It's possible the owner put all the parts back on to sell the car.

Don

I agree some parts may have been put back on (quarter script on one side-or is that primer sprayed on the script?) but it is a weird combination of disassembly and partial reassembly for the state it is in. In any case it still has primer over who knows what so IMHO a complete bare metal strip and prep will be needed. Another 10K + 20K minimum to end up with a 25K car.

Last edited:

franklinair

Looks like a Nugget Gold interior to me. Probably originally Sunlit Gold exterior. I once did a '68 convertible in that configuration. I liked the combo. Sold it on E-bay, and it went to Sweden.

Neil

Attachments

• 098.jpg
    098.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 118.jpg
    118.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 095.jpg
    095.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 33