• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale GT/CS California Special Project

Cool Manchu

Not mine...

From the ad:

https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/4778749668.html

I NEED this car gone as soon as possible. Make me an offer. I am looking for 5,000 for the car. I have about 12,000 into it so far.

1968 Ford Mustang GT/CS a.k.a. California Special.

Car originally came with a 289 and a 4 speed. A C6 was put in at the dealer in Portland. This is an Oregon car. Was sold in Portland and has remained in the area since then. In the early 1990's the vehicle was involved in a car wreck. The driver's door and front quarter panel received all the damage. The driver's door was covered in Bondo and the quarter panel just needs to be straightened out a bit. So, you really only need to replace the driver door skin or get a new door.

I bought this car with the intention of making a resto-mod out of it to sell at auction. All of my funding has been diverted and I can no longer finish the job. I am here now trying to recoup some of my costs.

This car came with almost everything to put it back together. I have original seats, glass, map light, head and fog lights, grills, side scoops, instrument clusters, turn signal hood, fiberglass deck lid, and boxes upon boxes of parts. I bought a TCI suspension for it. The front independent is already installed. Big Wilwood drilled and slotted rotors and calipers. The whole thing is the show package; polished stainless steel, not chrome that will flake off. The rear suspension is a rear torque arm from TCI. Please check out the links at the bottom.

This car is 85% here. I think that is best for when buying a project. All you need to do is decide what engine and transmission to install, choose a color, and finish putting it together! I might be able to get you a 4.6L and 5 speed from a 2004 Mustang if you want to go that route.

If you can do all that yourself, you are saving a lot of money! You could have a $50,000-75,000 car when you are done.
I have a title in my name with NO liens or debts on the car. I also have a Marti Report for it.
I am looking for 5,000 for the car, which is less than I have into it.