• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Marchal light wiring

68sunlitgold

I have seen Marchal lights with both one and two connection wiring. Just wondering what other CS owners with Marchal lights have. ::)
Doug

Jayscal

I have the Marshall lights, but there was no wiring or bulbs, when I acquired my car. The switch was there, and when it was turned on, it would light up the instrument panel and the tail lights. I fitted old VW bug head light bulbs in the marshall housing and wired the to the switch. They work, but they will not blind any deer.

Interesting story here... I bought the car in CA,where I had lived. Five years later this old guy flags me down while driving, and he is yelling "thats my car". So I pulled over, and we started talking. In California the plate stayed with the car for life, or until you wanted to change it, he had reconized the black and yellow plate. the guy was the original owner, his name was the one in my original owners manual. Unfortunately, he didn't have any of the original paper work. I did ask him about why there were no wires or bulbs in the fog lamps. He told me about the fog lamp recall. When he took the car in, they showed him the Lucas lamps which they wanted to install. He said "no way" I don't like those, I like the ones I have. The only way he could keep the original ones, was to have the bulbs and wires removed. So, thats what happened to my wires, and bulbs.

I hope we get some more input on this subject, as some day i would like to wire these things up correctly.

StraightSix

[quote author=Jayscal link=board=1;threadid=135;start=0#750 date=1042867456]
The only way he could keep the original ones, was to have the bulbs and wires removed. So, thats what happened to my wires, and bulbs.
[/quote]

Very interesting! I wonder if you could get that to pass in concourse judging. Maybe you would need a letter from the guy? I don't know much about judging, so perhaps it wouldn't fly at all.

I would love to talk to the original owner of my car.

I would also love to talk to the guy who put the current paint job on :mad:

-Winston

OP
OP
68sunlitgold

68sunlitgold

Jayscal,
I still have not heard the final answer to this question, I have seen 1 & 2 wire connections, the reason I asked the quesiton in the first place is I found a NOS pair of Marchal lights and they have a ground connection to the housing, whcih inturn once connected to the car acts as the ground (I attached a picture it's hard to see but it is the black wire on the left side of the housing, it is connected to the rivet on the bottom then goes to the back of the bulb holder ground screw).
I will say that most of the people I have talked to about the connection say that they have 2 wires coming out of the light. Good Luck
Doug

Attachments

• marchalhousinginside.jpg
    marchalhousinginside.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 70
OP
OP
68sunlitgold

68sunlitgold

Bigskygt,
what color are the wires and what type of connection do you have, are they like the lucas lights with 2 cannon plugs? Thanks
Doug

bigskygt

My Marchals have bullit type connectors, one male and one female. the plug ends are molded into a boot. that is part of the wire.