• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Cougar Rear Quarter Trim

Mosesatm

In case anyone has ever wondered......the rear quarter trim panels from a Cougar are about 2" longer than those of a Mustang so the panels stick into the door opening. The shape of the panels are also a little different. It might be possible to cut and manipulate the Cougar panels enough to make them work but it won't be easy.

Anyone looking for a nice set of used Cougar quarter trim panels? :mad: ;D

BTW, we're talking about interior trim panels, not exterior quarter panels. Even I wouldn't try to put Cougar exterior quarter panels on a Mustang!

bbeatty

Was this a case of "buy first, measure later?" ;)

I've got a couple of old T-bird taillights I thought would work in a GT/CS sitting on a shelf for the same reason. :mad:

Here's the place for those quarter panels. Maybe you can trade for something.

http://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/index.php

meadowsdk28

Arlie,
You know, I have about 4 really good, smart-aleck comments I could make, but I'm not done yet with mine and I figure to do something really dumb very soon anyway.

(Besides, I figure there are plenty out there who will fill in this blank:
What in the world was I thinking when I thought I could make ____________fit my GTCS?!?) :)

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I may still work on making the trim pieces fit or I might just pull the material and arm rests off and install those on mine. I"m not defeated yet, just going to put that little project on hold for a while!!

bbeatty

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=2009;start=0#msg13351 date=1123629422]
I may still work on making the trim pieces fit ...
[/quote]

There's a big swap meet here this weekend. In the spring version of this meet, I sold a pair for $5 and was glad to get rid of them. Let me know if you want me to look for a set for you.

mmarsalone

Arlie,

I have a set I could send you if you pick up shipping. I bought them off Ebay. I stripped them and painted them nugget gold to match my interior. I was doing this so I could have them done before I start on the doors. But I decided to strip my originals only because they had the original gold on the back. These extras are light blue on the back. They were stripped, primed, and painted with lacquer. You could probably go right over the gold with your color. The grain is in great shape.

Mike

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

[quote author=monkey_golf link=board=1;threadid=2009;start=0#msg13362 date=1123644835]
Arlie,

I have a set I could send you if you pick up shipping. I bought them off Ebay. I stripped them and painted them nugget gold to match my interior. I was doing this so I could have them done before I start on the doors. But I decided to strip my originals only because they had the original gold on the back. These extras are light blue on the back. They were stripped, primed, and painted with lacquer. You could probably go right over the gold with your color. The grain is in great shape.

Mike
[/quote]

Thanks for the offer Mike but I have a good set of Mustang panels. I'm just trying to upgrade my interior and was thought that the Cougar panels with the arm rests and leather or vinyl covering would be a nice touch. Most of the Mustang parts vendors offer quarter trim material to cover the metal panels but going that route wouldn't be nearly as much fun as trying to make the Cougar panels fit.