• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Green Hornet Clone Project on eBay

case12

Nice starter car. I am tempted. Wonder what the tag is below the door tag? I cant make it out. Casey

BroadwayBlue

Hey!!
What did he mean by this?

"IT IS A VERY SHARP LOOKING CAR! SHAME CAROL SHELBY NEVER MADE THIS CAR, IT IS MUCH BETTER LOOKING THAN A California Special." :mad: :icon_evil :icon_moan

hookedtrout

case12 said:
Nice starter car. I am tempted. Wonder what the tag is below the door tag? I cant make it out. Casey

Looks like a Shelby Automotive tag?

Cory

Perkchiro

BroadwayBlue said:
Hey!!
What did he mean by this?

"IT IS A VERY SHARP LOOKING CAR! SHAME CAROL SHELBY NEVER MADE THIS CAR, IT IS MUCH BETTER LOOKING THAN A California Special." :mad: :icon_evil :icon_moan

Hey Rich: I think in modern terms that would be called a "Diss". Sort of a cheap shot at our cars. I didn't like it either when I read it.
Steve

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

His comment is fine with me. It'll get some people wondering what a California Special is, they will find this site, and we'll create a few more converts.

Besides, I also agree with him. In previous threads we've discussed the fact that some of us think the GT/CS would have looked much better with a Shelby nose.

Last edited:

BroadwayBlue

Mosesatm said:
His comment is fine with me. It'll get some people wondering what a California Special is, they will find this site, and we'll create a few more converts.

Besides, I also agree with him. In previous threads we've discussed the fact that some of think the GT/CS would have looked much better with a Shelby nose.

That's for us to decide not him :grin:

Perkchiro

I've heard some refer to a Shelby nose as looking like a hog snout. Now that just confirms the old saying, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Perkchiro said:
I've heard some refer to a Shelby nose as looking like a hog snout.

Probably some chevy fan. At least it didn't have a Bunky beak like the Pontiacs of the same era.

gt bandit

Mosesatm said:
Probably some chevy fan. At least it didn't have a Bunky beak like the Pontiacs of the same era.

mmmmm I use to own a 68 firebird and the BEAK was the classiest bit of the car.

Oh and the smokin hot 400 motor with predator carb. :grin:

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Here's a good example of a Bunkie Beak on a '69 Firebird. The Smokey and the Bandit car was a '77. Bunkie was long gone by then and had already worked his magic(?) at Ford.

Last edited: