• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Interior correct color sheme Carpet vs Seats/Trim

gtcs1

I've just bought an all original 1968 GT/CS. The carpet looks like will need changed (I'll try see before how I can clean up and repair small tears, and redo the edge sewing trim before, I would rather keep it original).

My question is about the carpet color scheme. My interior trim and seats is Gold Nugget. The carpet is Green. Was there other combination possible. Was there a Gold carpet also available.

I'm wondering why they didn't go with a gold carpet. Would have look much better in my own opinion.

Is it possible the carpet color was picked by Ford to match the exterior color, mine being Highland Green.

Anybody have a interior trim/seat/carpet table so I could see what was available.

I have the Marti report, no mention about carpet color,the only color mention is code 2Y for the Stad Bucket Seats.

Thanks

somethingspecial

I have a Highland Green GT/CS and it has the Ivy Gold interior. My carpet is dark green, as is the dash pad. If you buy a carpet, most of the time you will get the light Ivy Gold carpet. I had to send samples to Johns Mustang, and they sent me carpet samples to choose from. Most original interior cars I have seen, both Highland Green and Limegold cars with interior colors other than black have had the dark green carpets. Why they did that with Nugget Gold interior seems odd, but than again, wierd stuff came out of the assembly plants. Hope this helps. Mike