CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 01/28/2018, 01:41 PM   #46
Batgirl89

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosesatm View Post
Yes, this is the Paradise car.
Here are some photos from the original ad.
Arlie, Awesome you have pics!
Do you happen to have a link to the original ad? I would like to see what it says
Sheryl
Batgirl89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2018, 01:53 PM   #47
Batgirl89

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruppstang View Post
Sheryl,
I had a idea this morning. Did you say the lights stay on? If so the is a system check circuit that should light all of the lights when your key is in start position. Check the starter solenoid there should be a small red wire #316 on with the starter cable, the side closest to the firewall. If it goes to the other side that is the problem. That side is hot all of the time. If you do not know post a picture of the solenoid.
Do not give up we will figure it out. If all else fails drive it out here to Nebraska and we will have some fun with it.
Marty
Marty, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
PARK light working now, its very temperamental. I took the sensor off, sanded all contact points, put it back together, it worked every 4th time. I loosened the sensor up and was moving it around and found a spot that it works every time with now (so far)

At start the PARK light is solid, then starts to blink, then turns off when I put the parking brake handle in. Im so excited!!

So, BELTS and PARK working

Ok Marty, Neil, and Rob, just gotta get the door ones working. It is blinking and wont shut off. I shoved my little TRex arm in there this am and sanded the contacts. Marty I still have to check to see if they are making contact with the door shut. (I have to leave for the rest of the day today tho)
Thank you everyone!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20180128_121958.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	22025   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180128_122117.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	22026  
Old 01/28/2018, 02:24 PM   #48
Mosesatm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batgirl89 View Post
Arlie, Awesome you have pics!
Do you happen to have a link to the original ad? I would like to see what it says
Sheryl
Here are some of the old threads.
http://californiaspecial.com/forums/...ad.php?t=11156

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/...ad.php?t=10341

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/...ead.php?t=9994

This getting older ain't for cowards. - John Mellencamp
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2018, 03:04 PM   #49
Ruppstang

My Garage
GREAT! It appears in you picture the solenoid is wired correctly. I think you will find that the door sensor may just need adjustment. I will also check my sources for a low fuel sender.

Follow HCS restoration at http://68hcs.weebly.com
Ruppstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2018, 05:05 PM   #50
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
Sheryl,
My guess is West Coast Classic Cougar will rebuild one for you if you send it to them. Give them a call.

I may be able to get my hands on my old one. It went with the car when I sold the car. I replaced it with a racing fuel sending unit with 1/2 diameter tubing for increased fuel flow. So the new owner will not need it.

Rob
robert campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2018, 08:02 PM   #51
Batgirl89

My Garage
Arlie, Thank you.
Good Stuff.
Ken spoke with the original owner, John, who still lives in Santa Clara (His glasses are still in the console cubby! no patches tho) John bought it with his money that he received from the Air Force upon returning from Vietnam. He needed a car to commute from Santa Clara to Edwards Air Force base down south. (My paperwork from the car shows that John was 21 yr old)

John said it was the show room model and that he knew it was the car he wanted the second he saw it. He truly loved the car and it pained him to part with it 26 years after he bought it...but it had 109k miles on it and needed to be rebuilt, so he let it go.But he claims that it had the dual exhaust when he bought it. He did say he changed the roof to black as it was easier to keep clean. He also said while he could have afforded a Shelby...he didn't want a Shelby, he wanted this car. John sold the car in 1994.

Sounds like it went to Paradise and was put in barn/garage. When Ken bought the car, the pink slip was still in John's name. The motor was in the trunk. (Ken put this car back on the road)

The car has 110800 now.

Last edited by Batgirl89; 01/28/2018 at 08:18 PM..
Old 01/28/2018, 08:23 PM   #52
Batgirl89

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruppstang View Post
GREAT! It appears in you picture the solenoid is wired correctly. I think you will find that the door sensor may just need adjustment. I will also check my sources for a low fuel sender.
The 2nd group of pictures is where I moved the red wire from left side (first group of pics) to right side. (correct now right?)

Last edited by Batgirl89; 01/28/2018 at 08:39 PM..
Old 01/28/2018, 08:26 PM   #53
Batgirl89

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert campbell View Post
Sheryl,
My guess is West Coast Classic Cougar will rebuild one for you if you send it to them. Give them a call.

I may be able to get my hands on my old one. It went with the car when I sold the car. I replaced it with a racing fuel sending unit with 1/2 diameter tubing for increased fuel flow. So the new owner will not need it.

Rob
Rob, I will call WCCC and let you know. Thank you!!
Old 01/28/2018, 09:41 PM   #54
Ruppstang

My Garage
Quote:
The 2nd group of pictures is where I moved the red wire from left side (first group of pics) to right side. (correct now right?)
I did not see the first posted pictures. Yes it is right now. No wonder the lights never went off.

Follow HCS restoration at http://68hcs.weebly.com
Ruppstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2018, 10:06 PM   #55
azbeneman

eBay: azbeneman

My Garage
Quote:
We want to hear your story!
Sheryl,

Yes, this was the car. The story I heard was the same. I spoke to the owner several times. At the time, they were firm on the price and to me it really wasn't worth it to travel up to check the car out (especially with the block in the trunk). I am CA born and raised, and had no idea where Paradise was until I came across this car

It is great that this car is back on the road. Drive it and enjoy it. If you want to restore it someday, then go for it.

Craig
azbeneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2018, 11:43 AM   #56
Batgirl89

My Garage
Quote:
Sheryl,

Rob
Rob, WCCC does not rebuild them. Can I ? Replace filter, brass float,& sensor. Wouldn't that be it?
Sheryl
Old 01/29/2018, 09:36 PM   #57
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
Do not thinks so. The low fuel level "trigger" is something more than that. Also, check the harness that goes to your current sending unit.. It has a two wire connection and is unique to a convenience group car.

Rob
robert campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2018, 10:06 PM   #58
Batgirl89

My Garage
Quote:
Do not thinks so. The low fuel level "trigger" is something more than that. Also, check the harness that goes to your current sending unit.. It has a two wire connection and is unique to a convenience group car.

Rob
I found an old thread on a cougar site. John's classic cougar rebuilds them, Ive sent him an email, waiting to hear back. WCCC sells a stainless repo model $71. but they are out of stock. When I called today, they said the units were leaking, they wont have any in stock until the manufacturing company fixes the flaw.

I did check the wiring harness, it was changed out to a single wire/connector one when tank was changed. the female/male plug in the trunk had tape on the male side. WCCC had a used harness in stock and I ordered it on saturday. (will be here on wed)

Thank you for your help on this!

Last edited by Batgirl89; 01/29/2018 at 10:22 PM..
Old 01/30/2018, 09:41 AM   #59
CougarCJ
My Car Details

Spaceman Spiff

My Garage
Quote:

Rob
The low fuel trigger is called a thermister. Basically the same thing found in windshield washer bottles.
My company sells this gadget for making the low fuel lights work.
https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.co...tml?attribs=76

Scott Behncke
1968 GT/CS 302-4V Honors flysis income beezis onches nobis inob keesis
West Coast Classic Cougar A good source for Mustang mechanical parts too.
CougarCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2018, 12:55 AM   #60
Batgirl89

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CougarCJ View Post
The low fuel trigger is called a thermister. Basically the same thing found in windshield washer bottles.
My company sells this gadget for making the low fuel lights work.
https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.co...tml?attribs=76
Scott, Thank you for the option!
Received my WCCC Plasma LEDs today, cant wait to put them in.
Sheryl

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > Classified Ads