• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Shoulder Belt Retainer Clips

BroadwayBlue

I thought I saw a post on this once before that said these are no longer available. I've searched and searched forums here and elsewhere and parts catalogs but come up with nothing.

I'm trying to locate the wire clips that are used to hold up the shoulder belts.
I vaguely recall reading somewhere that people were fabricating them on their own.

I think they are called "Retainers" in the Owner's Manual. Although the drawing in the manual makes it look like the shoulder belt should have some kind of loop on it but I know they just wrap around the clip.

I've searched everywhere but can't find anything similar.

I borrowed the attached picture from another thread here to show the piece I mean. It's the front wire clip that the shoulder belt loops around on the right hand side of the picture.

I would think this was an item that people would still be looking for among all the other interior pieces. Maybe just me :smile:

Anyone know of a source for these?

I found these on eBay but they're for 71-73 and are not screw in type
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/71-7...LIPS-PAIR_W0QQitemZ130115877140QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks!

Attachments

• Seat_Belt.jpg
    Seat_Belt.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 42

case12

Wouldnt these be the same for any 68 mustang?

Which ones are you looking for? The front wire clips? I have some. My car was restored without shoulder belts, and I dont plan to add them. All parts were marked and bagged from the resto. I dont mind parting with them. Which do you need and I will go to the box and look.

Casey

68gt390

Casey;
They are all the same for 68. By the way that particular belt is mounted incorrectly on that hanger. It should rap around the entire wire bracket and that is what keeps it tightly in place. The way that one is mounted will very shortly wear that spirng out and make it useless.

Don

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Wouldnt these be the same for any 68 mustang?

Which ones are you looking for? The front wire clips? I have some. My car was restored without shoulder belts, and I dont plan to add them. All parts were marked and bagged from the resto. I dont mind parting with them. Which do you need and I will go to the box and look.

Casey

Hi Casey,
It is a chrome piece that screws into the headliner with 1 or 2 screws (similar to the sunvisor bracket) and coming out of the that is the wire loop that the belt wraps around. These should be the same for all 68's I think.

I cropped the above pic to show just the chrome piece I'm looking for.

If you have it, don't need it and want to work something out that would be GREAT!!! THANKS!

Don,
I usually put my belts around the whole clip on my 302 as you mentioned.

Attachments

• Seat_Belt1.jpg
    Seat_Belt1.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 26

case12

Checked the "junk box" and I have them. (they are two screw holes like in the pic). PM me your info and they are yours. Casey

Sarge

Wow Don,
I am continually amazed at what I learn from this site. That picture I took at least two years ago, (I have moved since then) and I never knew that I had them incorrectly placed. That is the way I got it, so I figured it was the way it should have been! Thanks for the update. Now I gotta go into the garage and change it...
Robert