• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Best, Worst Car Names

tworings

Best, Worst Car Names: Mustang, Yaris
By Matt Nauman
Wednesday, April 4th, 2007 at 12:40 pm in General.

Autobytel.com does frequent polls, and here are the results from 700 people who were asked about the best and worst car names — both currently and of all-time.

Of course, like many of those attempts at free publicity (yes, I’m guilty by blogging on it), it makes little sense.

Of the the current cars, Ford’s Mustang has the name consumers like best. It was followed by the Chrysler 300, Toyota 4Runner, Honda Civic, Chevy Malibu and VW GTI. Obviously, 300, 4Runner and GTI aren’t really names at all.

The worst? Toyota’s Yaris, Subaru’s B9 Tribeca, VW’s Touareg, Suzuki’s Grand Vitara, Buick’s LaCrosse, Ford’s Edge and Cadillac’s SRX. I can’t disagree, although I do like the Edge name and wonder how you can like GTI and dislike SRX. Just asking.

Historically, and ABT provided no numbers here, the best domestic names, according to those who care, are Corvette, Mustang and Barracuda. Among imports, it’s VW’s Beetle, the Lamboghini Diablo and the Triumph Spitfire.
Worst? Well, the AMC Gremlin, the Mercury Turnpike Cruiser and the Ford Proble topped the domestic list, while the Yugo SV, Renault’s Le Car and VW’s Thing ranked first, uh, last, uh, first.

Of those who spent this much time on this topic, 72% of them told autobytel pollsters that a bad car name makes them less likely to buy a certain model.

http://www.mercextra.com/blogs/nauman/2007/04/04/best-worst-car-names-mustang-yaris/