• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Fantomworks GTCS Build For Sale

Mosesatm

I wonder if the owner paid the balance?
Attached is the Marti

Attachments

• 64156649-770-0@2X.jpg
    64156649-770-0@2X.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 8R01J155553 Red.pdf
    92.1 KB · Views: 58

BigJim

I wonder what the asking price is and how much the seller will take.

BTW does anyone know if the car owner really pays the price on the invoice or does the TV station subsidize the the cost to keep people coming in to have overpriced work done at these shops to keep these programs on the air?

OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

I wonder what the asking price is and how much the seller will take.

BTW does anyone know if the car owner really pays the price on the invoice or does the TV station subsidize the the cost to keep people coming in to have overpriced work done at these shops to keep these programs on the air?
I wonder if that $53k credit listed on the invoice is what the TV network picked up. If I recall the work was stalled for a while as the owner was in Europe and had not paid the amount due at the time. At the end of the show, his friend came in and paid the balance.

franklinair

If I were shopping for (and could afford) a high end Mustang, it would be Marty Rupp's Concourse HCS.

Neil

68gulfstream

This one doesn't really please the eye or the wallet! The custom items don't really work together as a whole.

OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

A ton of labor went into that car just to make it whole - aside from the mods. If I recall, they replaced the trunk pan and the rear quarters. Maybe floor pans also.

For the money, you could have taken a '68 Shelby in poor condition and done the same work to it and have a car that might be worth that asking price. But if I had a Shelby, I would keep it stock.

On this car, I would have gone with black stripes and a black roof.

68 special

I agree with Arlie,

I couldn't get past the stripes and fog lights. For that price, I've seen enough. Not worth it!!!

Bret

robert campbell

I could build that car for a fraction of that price, nut and bolt identical. And I could go old school power for a fraction of the fraction price. It would do everything this car would do! Heck my 67 Fastback will run and hide from this one on the strip. Doubt this car would ever see an autocross or a roundy round course.

And, I am sorry, I hate big wheels on old cars. The front stripe on the left side is awful, but an easy fix.

Rob

Mosesatm

I could build that car for a fraction of that price, nut and bolt identical. And I could go old school power for a fraction of the fraction price. It would do everything this car would do! Heck my 67 Fastback will run and hide from this one on the strip. Doubt this car would ever see an autocross or a roundy round course.

And, I am sorry, I hate big wheels on old cars. The front stripe on the left side is awful, but an easy fix.

Rob

It may not be an easy fix if they painted it on, or cleared it.

franklinair

I had a friend that spoke of "confusing the car's identity" when opting to modify or alter a collector car.

Neil