• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS tail lights

Powell

I think I posted this in the old Forum, but am going to try it in this new one also. I have read many of the questions concerning tail light drain and dimness with much interest. I have a problem with my tail lights also, but of a little different one. When driving at night and using the brakes for a long period of time the tail lights and dash lights go OUT. As soon as I get off the brakes they return to normal. I have read/heard that there is possibly a "circuit breaker" in the steering column some place. Is there anyone out there that can help me find out if this is really a possibility for the 68 Mustang?

68sunlitgold

Are you sure you crossed out the possiblity of a ground problem with the tail lights, the 65 T-bird lights are natorious for having the ground wiring not making good contact with the ground source. They reason I say this is because it only happens when you apply the brakes. Unfortunatly I have not heard of a relay in the steering wheel, but as soon as I am done with this post I will go get my shop manuals and see if there is anything in the books.
Doug

68sunlitgold

Powell,
I looked through my shop manuals and could not find anything on a circuit breaker, the only thing that is discussed envolves an instrument voltage regulator, and it does not impact the lights, only the gauges. There was discussion about the problem with the tail light ground as I discussed earlier. Sorry I could not find the problem
Doug