• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Tahoe Turquoise CS spotted in Sacramento last Friday

miller511

Hi all,

While up in Sacramento last Friday, going westbound on Folsom Blvd near Routier Rd., I spotted a CS very much like mine!! Tahoe Turquoise with white stripes. I wanted to make a U-turn and chase the guy down to talk to him (I was in my beater Toyota truck so it would have been a challenge to catch him!!). Also there was too much traffic. You just don't see many CSs running around...let alone a Tahoe Turquoise example. This looked like his daily driver.

Does this fit the description of anyone's CS here on the forum?

-Jeff

clubpro

Jeff,

That could have been Guy's High Country. He has a Tahoe Turquoise HCS and could have been driving it around.

Cheers,

Ron

platnumheart666

How many CS and HCS in and around Sacramento?
We are thinking about joining a family friendly club but one that would welcome our 1968 GT Torino as Well.
Any Club Drivers in the area?

-Annie

clubpro

Hi Annie,

There are two 68 High Country Specials in the area and at least a dozen Cal Specials. Mike Jewell (SomethingSpecial) has 2 and Tim O'Brien (Midnight Special) has 4. Do you ever take your Torino the the cruise night at Skipolini's in Folsom? It is every Wednesday night from 5 to 8pm.

Cheers,

Ron

platnumheart666

Hi Annie,

There are two 68 High Country Specials in the area and at least a dozen Cal Specials. Mike Jewell (SomethingSpecial) has 2 and Tim O'Brien (Midnight Special) has 4. Do you ever take your Torino the the cruise night at Skipolini's in Folsom? It is every Wednesday night from 5 to 8pm.

Cheers,

Ron

Thanks Ron,
That is so awesome that we have so many up here! We are yet to see another. Due to jobs, the earliest we could make it to Skipolinis is 7. However, a cruise up their would be fun, our little one will love it.

platnumheart666

My GT/CS lived in Sacramento for the first 43 years. :cool:

Nice CS! Looks good with the white stripes. Since ours came with no stripes, we have gone back and forth about the color. We have decided on the black stripes. We cannot get ahold of the previous owner as to which color were on her and since she was repainted, it would be a nice thing to know.

-Annie

Midnight Special

Hi Annie,

There are two 68 High Country Specials in the area and at least a dozen Cal Specials. Mike Jewell (SomethingSpecial) has 2 and Tim O'Brien (Midnight Special) has 4.

Cheers,

Ron

...Don't forget Renee's (Ponygal) in Loomis. She works in Folsom as well.

Attachments

• _DSC0941.jpg
    _DSC0941.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 35

somethingspecial

and Robert Murphy's (Sarge) blue GT/CS in Folsom. Heard it is in the shop though getting a new color change to it's original Highland Green.

clubpro

I wouldn't forget about Renee' or Robert they were included in the total number of Specials in the area. I was simply pointing out those that have two or more Cal Specials in their collections.

Cheers,

Ron