• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Windshield

hcsstang

In a GTSC or a HCS what are the numbers on the orginal windshield. I know that it should be a Carlite but what about the numbers. I purchased a Carlite from Glazers Mustang Barn and he said that it complyed with MCA But at the MCA show I was docked for it. ::) :-[

P

PNewitt

Mustang parts dealers are only too glad to sell you a '65-67 windshield, but the '68 windshield was unique, as it bowed out more at the top (as viewed at the side). The '67 and earlier windshields are flat, at a straight angle.

But...where does one get the right '68 windshield? (and--is the Cougar windshield the same part?)

Sorry to hear about being "docked" for the "wrong" windshield by MCA. What do they base their judging on? What if a part is not available? If it was the "thoroughbred" class, sure, but what about the other classes? I think that is very unfair.

Thanks for the windshield numbers, Casey

-Paul N.

Mosesatm

This has always confused me because years ago I installed a '68 windshield in a '65 coupe and it fit fine. Is it possible that the reason the '68 windshield has a different part number is because of the stick-on mirror.