• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 California Special no#2 off the assembly line/by Marti report

Mosesatm

Dave,
The car is not listed as a GT/CS on the Marti report but it may actually be an early one. Would you be willing to check it out to see if maybe it's real?

Here are some photos from the seller.
As you can see the entire front end is wrong with no fog light brackets, small twist lock holes, and low pedestals. Plus there is no fog light circuit breaker and that is some goofy mesh on the scoop, but the tail light holes and sealer looks correct.

Attachments

• IMG_1687.JPG
    IMG_1687.JPG
    206.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1689.JPG
    IMG_1689.JPG
    234.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1693.jpg
    IMG_1693.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1695.JPG
    IMG_1695.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 00O0O_eQOQ7z6Mq9b_600x450.jpg
    00O0O_eQOQ7z6Mq9b_600x450.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 8R01C124554 GNS.pdf
    66.4 KB · Views: 69

kgranhold

It looks like to me that it is a gold nugget special someone has modified, DSO 74-1111 was designated for gold nugget specials only... may be an early gold nugget special, mine was build 2 weeks later, 130095.

Mosesatm

Some early GT/CSs may be converted GNSs. This may be one of those cars.

kgranhold

I have heard that rumor, I think it is highly unlikely that ever occurred, think about it, you basically have to disassemble a car to convert it to a CS. Remove the deck lid, and taillights and replace, remove the interior to put in the side scoops and taillight wiring harness, and the under dash and front wiring harnesses would have been different because of the fog lights, then replace the grille. It would make no sense for ford to do that given the Gold Nugget special was just a series of otherwise available options and could be sold as is anywhere. It would be cheaper to just build another car with the CS options rather than converting an existing unit. I am pretty sure DS would have been different as well. Lastly, which was the point I was trying to make, this is an early Gold Nugget special, if such conversion did take place, it probably would have been one of the last of the GNS built, not one of the first ones. While it is possible this happened, I don't think it is probable...

OP
OP
D

daveS

Dave,
The car is not listed as a GT/CS on the Marti report but it may actually be an early one. Would you be willing to check it out to see if maybe it's real?

Here are some photos from the seller.
As you can see the entire front end is wrong with no fog light brackets, small twist lock holes, and low pedestals. Plus there is no fog light circuit breaker and that is some goofy mesh on the scoop, but the tail light holes and sealer looks correct.

My apologies...somehow I missed this message. It looks like this post on CL expired. Perhaps the car is gone...?