• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS lights

68sunlitgold

I am trying to see what the ratio of Marchal to Lucas lights there are from people with the GT/CS

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Good use of the new poll feature Sunlit. ;D

Khp55

I too have Marchal lights. They do not wires or bulbs in them. Does anyone have any good ideas on how I get these working?

OP
OP
68sunlitgold

68sunlitgold

Khp55,
Do you have the light bulb holders inside the lights? If so you can use any type of wire. You will only need one because the housing itself is the ground. If not you will first need them, I have seen them for auction on ebay many times. Also I can give you the email address to someone that has bulbs. I need to dig it up.
Doug

Khp55

Doug,
I have never taken my fog lights apart to know if they have bulb holders. What is the best way to do this, I have heard that I can be very difficult. Is there any procedure for doing this? Any info on taking them apart would be great, I don't want to damage them. Thanks.
Ken

OP
OP
68sunlitgold

68sunlitgold

ken,
I sent you a personnal email with a pic of how it should come apart. For everyone else, you can take the light apart without taking it off the grille. You first need to unplug the wiring, then take out the two screws on each side of the lense. The outer rim should then come off along with the lense, however the lense should still have the wiring attached to it so it will not come free until the wiring is disconnected. Be very careful with the lenses, they are very expensive to replace. Once the lenses are off, there is a bulb holder on the back of the lense. The bulbs attach to the holders and a wire runs from the holder for the positive connection. The negative wiring should be attached to the back housing.
I hope this helps
Doug

Just for the record, My 390GT/CS had a build date of 26D - April 26, the date of change from Marchal to Lucas - and the special order owner took possession of the vehicle on May 5, so the build date is very close. The car was an original unrestored, and came with Lucas lights, absolutely no markings on the brackets, they were virgin with no "scratches" or evidence of previously installed Marchals. So we know at least by April 26, the San Jose plant did have Lucas lights in stock for the changeover at this date.

OP
OP
68sunlitgold

68sunlitgold

Blue Mako,
It goes to prove that even if you did not get the Marchal lights, if you are looking for a correct grille you still need to have the brackets even if they are only there for a pass through for the wiring. ;)
Doug

OP
OP
68sunlitgold

68sunlitgold

TT,
I see you are signed in as a guest, please register with this site and is your car in the registry? It seems by those that chose to post that the Marchal lights are not that far behind the Lucas, however I beleive the Lucas actually outnumber Marchal somewhere in the area of 8 - 1.
Doug