• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Did someone really pay $2800 for that?

mikstang

Hi all!

For those that saw my previous post...

I saw an e-bay sale that ended in May and I can't believe that someone paid that much for that car? This looks like my find in the junk yard! Maybe I should buy the one I saw and sell it off! lol

I'm not out for the quick buck, I love the car, thats' why I have a '67! The CS would be a cooler version of my plain jane coupe.

So what range could I realistically get for a coupe in descent or moderate or average or ....condition. Funny, I own one but I don't even know what my own is worth other than telling the Ins. co that it's worth $10k 80-90% original.

68gt390

There are several things that dictate price when looking at a car.

1. Engine code - Small block or Big block.
2. Body condition - panel fit, paint, chrome etc.
3. Coupe or Fastback.
4. Options on the car - GT Package, air, power steering, power brakes etc.
5. Is it a special package car - GT/CS, HCS, GT, Cardinal Special etc.

I have a 68 GT "S" code coupe (390) with C-6 auto. Car still has the original factory paint (10 foot car) but, everything else on the car has been gone through (engine rebuilt, new interior/dash pieces, new undercarriage, new steering gear box, new brakes etc.). Car has been appraised at $25,900.00. What you have to understand is even though a car is appraised at $25,900.00 you may not get that. Appraised value and actual value is between the buyer and seller. Market/Demand pretty much dictate what you can actually get. If I've missed anything, I hope other folks on the site will jump in and add to the above list.

Don ;)

Mosesatm

[quote author=mikstang link=board=1;threadid=1847;start=0#msg12068 date=1119926435]
Hi all!

For those that saw my previous post...

I saw an e-bay sale that ended in May and I can't believe that someone paid that much for that car? This looks like my find in the junk yard! Maybe I should buy the one I saw and sell it off! lol

I'm not out for the quick buck, I love the car, thats' why I have a '67! The CS would be a cooler version of my plain jane coupe.

So what range could I realistically get for a coupe in descent or moderate or average or ....condition. Funny, I own one but I don't even know what my own is worth other than telling the Ins. co that it's worth $10k 80-90% original.
[/quote]

Have you considered adding the fiberglass parts from a GT/CS, '67 Shelby (Little Red), or '68 Shelby (Green Hornet) to your car? It would be a whole lot cheaper and you'd have a great looking car.