• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Fired up my GT/CS

68gt390

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1556;start=15#msg9398 date=1113130300]
Don

I have a set of the LED taillights from mustangproject.com and they work pretty good so far.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. Ever since I found their add I've been interested in them. Besides, anything I can do to take advantage of cutting down on the electrical pull through the dreaded Ford light switch. I've already had one melt on me. :'(

Don

390cs68rcode

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=1556;start=15#msg9399 date=1113135875]
[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1556;start=15#msg9398 date=1113130300]
Don

I have a set of the LED taillights from mustangproject.com and they work pretty good so far.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. Ever since I found their add I've been interested in them. Besides, anything I can do to take advantage of cutting down on the electrical pull through the dreaded Ford light switch. I've already had one melt on me. :'(

Don
[/quote]

takes 10 minutes to install. Give it a shot.

case12

The lights from mustangproject are super. EASY to install. The led panels just go right into the bulb socket (I suggest gently using a socket wrench to twist the panels into the sockets), and the small electronic module plugs right in place of the turn signal relay can right under the dash. And they are very bright. I love them, get compliments on them, and they turn heads (I can see people pointing at the back of my car when I am turning in traffic). So, they change nothing of the originality of the vehicle and are really great. The guy I talked to on the phone to ask a question was really helpful too. If you want sequential tail lights, this is the way to go. (I notice they also have led modules for the front turn signals too - but I figured a bulb was cheaper for the same effect). Casey

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Insurance agent came out and took some pictures, should have Haggarty coverage by Wednesday. ;D $160 a year for coverage. Getting closer to the road every day. ;D

Hook

rvrtrash

Hey Hook, on the parts vendor issues, I've had big problems with Mustangs Unlimited and won't use them again unless they're the only ones that have the item I need. If you need to send something back to NPD they charge restocking. I've been using Year One whenever possible. They are a little higher but they took back some parts I ordered and decided not to use after a year and a half with no quibbles and no charges.
Steve

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Insurance agent just called back and he sent them pictures and a vin and the final numbers are $136 a year for a starting point of $10,000.

Hook

Sarge

JB or Casey,
Do the LED lights look original when the taillight lens is back in place, and the brake pedal stepped on? I have been anxious to try this, but didn't want to look like I have LED's in a 37 year old car.
Thanks,
Robert

case12

I cant tell they are LEDs like on new cars because the lens was design to diffuse the light. I think new cars must use clear lenses, and so the LEDs stand out more. So, they look completely stock to me except brighter. I am very happy with them. Casey

68MustangHCS

[quote author=hookedtrout link=board=1;threadid=1556;start=15#msg9461 date=1113321379]
Insurance agent just called back and he sent them pictures and a vin and the final numbers are $136 a year for a starting point of $10,000.

Hook
[/quote]

I sent mine off, with pictures and they agreed to $20,000 value and $175 a year for full coverage and $0 deductible. I used Hagarty. They are very helpful, and very inexpensive. They blew Statefarm out the door.

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

So far Hagarty seems pretty good to me, I'll bump my value up to $20 when I get it refinished. Like to talk to someone that has made a claim with Hagarty and see how they are to deal with after an accident. But it's like my agent informed me, Hagarty is reasonable on cost because they realize that they are dealing with owners that value their cars pretty highly and the cars are very well taken care of and protected.

Hook

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Oh sure! Here you guys are talking up the sequentials while my turn signals aren't working. ::)

Cruised it today signals or not. ;D Keep in mind I live in a rural back country area, no one even knows what turn signals are anyway. If ya'll hadn't talked about the sequentials I wouldn't even know mine weren't working. ::)

Looks like it's going to be a little bit at a time here so I don't ruin anything, my little cruise today resulted in an antifreeze stripe down the middle of the road. Looks to be the rad-cap as all the hoses look good. We won't get to far from home for a few days till we build some confidence. Picked up a new cap so here I go again wish me luck. It is running awesome however, even when it's blowing antifreeze.

Hook

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Put the new rad-cap on and took her out again last night and no more antifreeze stripes on the road. ;D Did leave a few black stripes however and my 21 year old son was impressed. ;)

Hook

case12

Do your tail lights and brake lights work, and you are just missing the turn signals (front and back)? Casey

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

[quote author=case12 link=board=1;threadid=1556;start=30#msg9563 date=1113581809]
Do your tail lights and brake lights work, and you are just missing the turn signals (front and back)? Casey
[/quote]

Everything works except the turn signals front and rear including the hazard lights. I put in a new flasher unit, did no good, I still have no turn signals. :'(

Cory

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

While out spinning the wheels I noticed I had quite a pull to the left when braking so I went down to Parts Service and picked up new spring kits, new shoes, new wheel cylinders, new adjusters , new bearings, and some bearing grease. I got the left side tore down and all put back together new and I now have no pulling, the cylinder was bad. The right side is good but it's coming apart some time this weekend and it'll all be new as well. The old shoes were in good shape with lots of life left but out they go. Might as well just get everything new. Spending about $100 a day on average since I've had it back out. ;D Should be fresh as a daisy pretty soon.

Hook