• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

San Francisco

PFSlim

Last week, I made my first trip to San Francisco. Of all the places I have traveled around the world, I have never had a strong desire to see or experience San Francisco.

I had some work to do with a company for one day (last Tuesday). I flew out on Monday, visited the company on Tuesday. My wife came out on Tues night and Weds we headed to wine country. After spending Weds and part of Thurs there, we drove back to San Francisco and spend Thurs afternoon in the city. I very much enjoyed the city and the entire trip. It was great to see the Golden Gate bridge and think about all the pictures that folks have taken with the GT/CS.

I look forward to my next visit by years end.

Paul

miller511

Paul,

Glad you enjoyed visiting SF. I've lived in the Bay Area the past 24 years and it really is a unique area. I keep meaning to take the CS over to the Marin Headlands and get some pictures of it with the GG bridge in the background.
The wine country out my way (Livermore Valley) is beautiful, too.

-Jeff

luisa2552

I've got one in my gallery. It's not the best pic. It's on my to do list to get some good shots of the car and the bridge from different locations. I live 10 minutes from the Golden Gate. I't so great to hear a visitors view of the bridge and the Bay Area. I've lived here my whole life and I guess I tend to take the beauty of the area for granted.

somethingspecial

Any chance you'll be out this way by middle of August, Like August 18th for example? We would love to have you here for the BBQ. Sara, Do you think you can make it this year? We are in Grass Valley. Mike

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

I don't know when I will be out again. It depends on the client and when he is ready for another visit. Sounds like fun to have the BBQ.

Paul

luisa2552

It might be a possibility. Our summer plans revolve mostly revolve around the kids and their camps, so if we are around, I'd love to come up.

P

PNewitt

Watch out for Cable Cars!

Last week, I made my first trip to San Francisco. Of all the places I have traveled around the world, I have never had a strong desire to see or experience San Francisco.
I look forward to my next visit by years end.

Paul

Next time, let me know, and we can meet up! maybe we can form a welcoming committee for you.

I once heard a rumor that people would take their GT/CS to Fort Baker (Marin side), at the same spot that I used for my cover shot--to photograph their CS.

I hope you got a chance to have some San Francisco sourdough, seafood and Ghiradelli Chocolate.

If you went by the Fairmont Hotel on Calif. St., it was there that the Northern Calif. Ford dealers saw the prototypes to see and approve the project in late Feb '68.

And you could have driven the path of the GT390 "Bullitt" Mustang.

Paul N.

P

PNewitt

Can someone post one of their pictures with the GT/CS and Golden Gate Bridge??

Paul

Here's one of my GT/CS, taken in 1988 for the book (an outtake).

© 2007, PMN

Paul N.

Attachments

• pmncs.jpg
    pmncs.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 33