• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT/CS C code at dealership

somethingspecial

c155981

It's in the Registry and Marti confirmed. Originaly Wimb. White with Red interior. nice options.

Attachments

• 8R01C155981marti.pdf
    65.8 KB · Views: 52

somethingspecial

Lotsa quirks on this one. 8R01C155981 not in Registry.

Neil

Neil, Keep in mind the 2011 Registry printed in the book was out of date the day after it was sealed up and packed away where no one could access it. Since then, we have added over 80 of the few left to find to the current Registry. We are forever looking for more cars for the Registry, and will not stop until we have 4,118 cars, plus other Prototypes/Special Edition cars with CS packaging, ie. GNS.

quicknick

This is not a real Cali folks. This car frequents the same car shows that I attend. It's a 67 made from a stolen and recovered Cali back in the early 90's. A re-body if you will. I researched this car when the owner tried to convince me and others at the show that it was "real and valuable." It's a backyard, amateur restoration, and not anywhere near it's asking price. However, If someone is genuinely interested in this car, I can answer any questions or go look at it again for you.
Attn: Mike Jewel..... I have a lead on the body shop in Mishawaka that built this car and can get more info on this if you need it. But my Mustang brothers grapevine informs me that the original car was stripped for it's Cali parts and gone to the crusher. This includes the original drivers door and dash plate applied to this 67. I can try to get this verified for you is you want to close the book on this vin.

somethingspecial

This is not a real Cali folks. This car frequents the same car shows that I attend. It's a 67 made from a stolen and recovered Cali back in the early 90's. A re-body if you will. I researched this car when the owner tried to convince me and others at the show that it was "real and valuable." It's a backyard, amateur restoration, and not anywhere near it's asking price. However, If someone is genuinely interested in this car, I can answer any questions or go look at it again for you.
Attn: Mike Jewel..... I have a lead on the body shop in Mishawaka that built this car and can get more info on this if you need it. But my Mustang brothers grapevine informs me that the original car was stripped for it's Cali parts and gone to the crusher. This includes the original drivers door and dash plate applied to this 67. I can try to get this verified for you is you want to close the book on this vin.

Absolutely. If this is a VIN switch, we need to document this and close this VIN out as "destroyed". Any help you can get/give to this is greatly appreciated. I would need Proof Positive this was a VIN switch. I will not close this out if Undisputable Documentation does not accompany the claim. I'm glad you brought this to our attention. What I will do is flag this VIN in the Registry as a "Possible" VIN switch and to watch for and/or inspect for this. Thanks again Nick. You can email me any information on this car to me. mikej@bigbytes.com

quicknick

Absolutely. If this is a VIN switch, we need to document this and close this VIN out as "destroyed". Any help you can get/give to this is greatly appreciated. I would need Proof Positive this was a VIN switch. I will not close this out if Undisputable Documentation does not accompany the claim. I'm glad you brought this to our attention. What I will do is flag this VIN in the Registry as a "Possible" VIN switch and to watch for and/or inspect for this. Thanks again Nick. You can email me any information on this car to me. mikej@bigbytes.com
I will follow up on this and try to get you undisputable proof. I can in the meantime, tell you for certain that this is definitely NOT the original 155981. I crawled all over this car at the car show and it is/was indeed a 67 pres blue coupe at one time. Blue paint in the trunk, no marker lights, the tail light panel was hacked out for the rear lights along with a few other clues.
A wise decision to not close this out just yet, but where there's smoke, there's fire. And I think this dealership and it's potential buyer need to informed of this.
FYI, I have no problem with clones or tribute cars(whatever you want to call them). I,m actually flattered when I see one. But when owners or dealers try to pass them off as real, that just pisses me off. And the owner I talked to tried to convince me and unsuspecting others that this is a real Cali. So no I'm on a mission to blow the lid off this one!

franklinair

Wonder if they went to the trouble to install the 2nd torque box. '67 coupes only have one.

Neil

OP
OP
Batgirl89

Batgirl89

im not interested in it, just came across it and listed it. wow! you just never know! Im so glad I have this website!

Nick its great you caught this!!

Mosesatm

Lotsa quirks on this one. 8R01C155981 not in Registry.

Neil

That's for sure.

No hood pins
No fog light switch
No rear reflectors
No side marker lights
Incorrect fog lights
Rear scripts don't line up properly
No front fender scripts
No deck lid script
It looks like the scoop screens and fog light brackets are missing