• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ski country special

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Yes it's a similar factory package to boost sales in 1967. Like the 1966-67 HCS cars the Ski Country Specials came with a special emblem and in limited colors named (appropriately enough) after local Colorado ski resorts; Vail Blue, Aspen Red, Loveland Green, Breckenridge Yellow or Winter Park Turquoise. They also came with a few other extras like ski racks, snow tires, posi rear diffs and coffee bar. (still never seen a photo of this coffee bar. I'm envisioning a cup holder! :cheesy: )

Unlike the 66-67 HCS package, the Ski Country could also be ordered on other Fords; Mustang, Galaxie, Fairlane & Country Sedan. There's been rumors about it also being offered on Broncos, which makes perfect sense, but I've never seen any proof of this so I'm not convinced.

Here are some links for more info.
http://highcountrymustang.com/a-letter-from-ford (great site run by our own forum member 1966hcs)

http://www.californiaspecial.com/images/skics.gif

That particular car has been for sale for quite a while, both on ebay and craigslist. The owner has a Marti Report and another piece of documentation, but the photos of these are so poor you can't read anything. I'd love to see clearly scanned versions, as well as a readable pic of the door data plate.

robert campbell

Just when I thought I had heard of every weird promotion, her is another one.

Cool car and lots of options. Deluxe interior (interior decor group). Exterior decor group, pop open cap. Of note, here is how a car could get a 9 inch rear end with a 2V 289 and automatic. Without a GT package or heavy duty suspension. It was ordered with a limited slip rear end on the option list. More than likey as it was to be driven in the snow!!!

Rob