• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 HCS and Ski Country Special

68 GTCS

There was a all Ford show in Greeley, CO today, I bumped into Bob Teets and got to see his 390 HCS, What a nice car Bob. Truly a work of art! It had me doing alot of thinking and I think I need to move on with the restoration of my 68 HCS, its going to take awhile. I also got to see a 67 Ski Country Special also. Now that is something to see. Has anybody else seen one of these?

Thanks for the advice Bob.

GTCSMustang

Bob has the only 390 HCS X-code made. It's one VIN number off from my HCS.

Scott

OP
OP

68 GTCS

hicountrybob

That's why there are 251 HCSs. The plan was to produce 250 but somehow, someone got this X-code built.

In reality, the advertised number of these cars (in the newspapers and in the CDR program) was stated to be 250 and the Marti reports state 251. My X car was really built in the middle of the pack of the 251 total ie. 03U (July 3) as was Scott Fuller's 428 HCS and his car's vin is one car before this X car, same date. Another little noted fact, the '67 HCS cars were advertised as 400 built, but Marti reports state 416 total. HC Bob here