• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Diamond Blue 1968 GT/CS driver with rebuilt engine

one2speed

SOLD SOLD SOLD went back to Southern California
Now looking for my 390 or 428 Cal Special project for a reasonable price

Well, I purchased this California Special a year ago with intents on using it as a daily driver to town and back and to the local car shows. Unfortunately I have had no time to enjoy it. It has just sat in my garage with my other mustangs over the last year with me just pulling it out to wash and move around my property while I conducted remodeling of my garage and other projects. So I have decided to sell it, finish my remodeling of garages (yes have two of them) and the remodel of my home before jumping back into the California Special phenomenon.
I would much prefer a 390 car after my remodels. I'm just a big block kind of guy.

Anyway here is the story on the Cal Special. Here are the options:
Diamond Blue Paint, Blue Vinyl Interior, 289 2v engine (now after a rebuild two years ago and about 1500 miles from previous owner is a 289 4v), c4 automatic transmission, standard drum brakes, and power steering. The car also has a set of 68 GT style steel wheels.

I have advertised this locally on facebook and on a few websites lately and keep getting the run around by flakes not showing up, etc, etc.

The car is located on the Oregon Coast between Florence and Yachats, Oregon.
The floor pan and frame rails are rust free.
There is slight surface oxidation in various spots such as on the inner door metal panel where the paint has worn off etc.
The only rust issue I can see is in the front corners of the two doors, bubbling of the paint.
The rear quarter panels are in great shape with no rust or bondo as far as I can tell.

Prior Damage consisted of the following:
Prior to the last owner the front of the car was tapped causing the hood, radiator support, driver's side apron (probably driver fender as well), grill, fog lights to have been damaged.

The owner put on a used 67 hood, aftermarket fog lights, grill with no fog light brackets, and a 67 driver's side front apron. The 67 apron has a 67 vin stamped in it and should be replaced or vin at least welded over or filled. The removal of the passenger side fender reveals the correct 68 Ford VIN that matches the dash and door VIN and verifies it as a Cal Special.

The engine runs smooth and strong and fires right up and idles great. I took it down the road yesterday to see how she handled and the engine ran fantastic with no problems. The Drum Brakes however take a little distance to stop. I have not pulled the drum off to check them but think this is why my other cars have disc brakes on them (LOL).

Anyway that is the full story on this car. IF you would like more pics of the car, including the clean undercarriage, please email me.
Mark
Machcopper@yahoo.com

Attachments

• 20181006_154721.jpg
    20181006_154721.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 20180828_142556.jpg
    20180828_142556.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 111
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 92