• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

proper antenna placement gt/cs

imported_tree

could some out there please tell me the proper placement of the radio antenna. mine is on the drivers side rear. i have seen the most on ??? the front passenger side. i was told that the dealers had a choice on which side and location to install them. thanks terry.........

68sunlitgold

Terry,
If I had my body assembly manual with me (it is somewhere between Korea and GA) there is a picture in there with the exact dimensions for the placement of the antenna. If no one gets it for you I will scan it in and reply here with it as soon as my stuff comes.

Doug

CalPaul

I definitely like the driver side rear look. You must own the slick looking raven black car.

hookedtrout

I can go measure the center of mine and give you some reference points to measure from if you would like, but I can't guarantee that it is according to the Ford Specs because I hear tell that a lot of cars were sent to the dealerships with the antenna in the trunk and the dealers installed them. Which leaves open the possibility that the guy responsible for installing the antenna at any given dealership may have decided he had installed enough of them to guess at the spot rather than take the time to measure and mark. It is on the right front fender and the fender has never been replaced if that helps and it looks like it's in the right place to me, I'd never question its location. If you are doing a concours correct car you may want to get Ford specs so it is correct if there is such a thing. I'd be interested to see the specs so I can see if mine is in the exact right location, not that I care but at least I could use it as a reference for others.

Let me know if you want me to go measure, I'd be glad to do it.

Hook

OP
OP
imported_tree

imported_tree

[thanks , dont go and measure the distance on the fender , i was just wondering if it matters or if anyone knows if the dealer placement would count for proper factory options. if you know what i mean. i like mine just fine. see the car in the gallery and give me an other owner veiw on this,,,. thanks terry..........

PFSlim

That is really wierd. Our car had a hole in the drivers side rear for the antenna but i just figured the last guy drilled the hole there. We covered ours and moved ours to pass side front fender.

So... What is the deal?? Why is there holes in rear fenders???

Paul

nfrntau

Did these cars come from the same dealer?
It's possible the same guy drilled the holes. Wouldn't that be something!