• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Lime Gold GT/CS on eBay

Mustanglvr

The interior seems to be different colors. Is the console color supposed to be that gold? The kickpanels don`t match the rest of the car either.
I always thought with a DSO of 51 it would be an HCS. I guess they had GT/CS `s from the same DSO?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

My guess is that the steering wheel pad and console have faded over the years and the seat covers are newer. Ivy gold seems to be a tough color for upholstery makers to match. Kind of like aqua. Each supplier has different colors from each other and different colors from their own dye lots.

mmarsalone

The console pad and steering wheel horn pad appear to be Nugget Gold instead of Ivy Gold. My CS has Nugget Gold interior and that's what I thought when I first saw these pieces. The dash pad has been replaced with a reproduction, it's too light. My 67 has Ivy Gold interior with the original dash and it's much darker. Also, pedals should not have the trim around them since it's not a delxe interior car. These aren't hard things to replace and it looks like a real nice car otherwise.

Mike

mmarsalone

The console pad and steering wheel horn pad appear to be Nugget Gold instead of Ivy Gold. My CS has Nugget Gold interior and that's what I thought when I first saw these pieces. The dash pad has been replaced with a reproduction, it's too light. My 67 has Ivy Gold interior with the original dash and it's much darker. Also, pedals should not have the trim around them since it's not a delxe interior car. These aren't hard things to replace and it looks like a real nice car otherwise.

Mike

68sunlitgold

It's a HCS

Rhonda hit it on something they missed....there are NO GT/CS's with a DSO of 51....they are all HCS's. So this is actually a HCS that was restored but mis-done as a GT/CS.

Doug

Mustanglvr

I emailed the seller. It will be interesting to see if he finds I`m right.

Those kick panels are saddle color, just like the ones in my car.

hicountrybob

Right on, Doug, I just emailed the seller. I've had this car in the registry since 1996, when a private owner in called me to register. Hold on!!!!!! Just got a phone call from the seller and he now understands he has a HCS. He also has a copy of pg 71 from Paul's '96 book and sees where it is noted to be a HCS in the last column and of course, the 51 DSO. Remember, guys, that these cars, trucks etc. that have 51 tell us they could and are sent to dealers in Nebr.,Wyo, So. Dak, etc. as well as to dealers in Denver proper. This car is really a no brainer (CS vs HCS) because of the dealer name, BOB REED DENVER in his Marti report. This seller thinks, now that we've talked production numbers, that he might just love his HC a bunch more and may pull it off ebay. Also, while we were talking, he had 3 emails blasted to him. I'm smiling to myself that maybe you guys are hitting on him. I'll see in a minute when I get back on site HC BOB here.

68gt390

Kinda wonder how the bottom line on this car will now be effected since seller now know's he has an HCS vs CS? Rear quarters will have to be repaired and repainted if you remove the CS script as well as the work on the side scoops and interior to get it back to original color? I'm kinda suprised the seller didn't ask himself some questions on the mismatched colors on the interior? But then again since it's a dealer "Chicago Classic Cars" that has it for sale they may not care. I'm sure they will still have a high reserve. Still though over all the care does look real good. I could sure use those Nugget Gold pieces for my GT. I had a real hard time finding the correct paint to match when I redid my interior on the GT.

Don

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Is this an accurate depiction of an Ivy Gold interior?

Last edited:

case12

I see the seller has added new information that this is an HCS.

I wonder why so much effort was put into making an HCS into a GT/CS? Even a nice poster made to go with it.

Bob T., how many HCS's do you know are still alive out of the 251?

Casey

Diesel Donna

Arlie,
The picture you show looks exactly like the interior of my CS. Back a few years ago at Knott's Berry Farm, I had two executives from Distinctive Industries checking out my car and they wanted to know if my seat skins were original. They wanted to use them as a pattern for their reproductions that they make. We struck a deal and I took the car to their plant and I traded them my skins for an exact looking set of complete seat covers. They turned out so good that any 68 seat covers you buy from them today are the prototypes from my car.

By the way Rhonda...good eye!

~~~~Donna

BroadwayBlue

I emailed him as well.

I am wondering the same as everyone else as to why would someone restore it to a GT/CS? Nice car though.

Thanks for clearing up the interior I thought it was some weird fading going on :)
I said wow I'm never going back to Ivy Gold! LOL!

Mustanglvr

The owner may have died before he finished restoring it, (thus a missing HCS badge?), and his family did`nt know what it was. Whoever ended up with it assumed it was a GT/CS. Or the owner just wanted a GT/CS instead of an HCS and changed it.

390cs68rcode

Mustanglvr said:
The owner may have died before he finished restoring it, (thus a missing HCS badge?), and his family did`nt know what it was. Whoever ended up with it assumed it was a GT/CS. Or the owner just wanted a GT/CS instead of an HCS and changed it.

would have been funny to see a HCS on one side and CS on the other. Remember the movie Victor/Victoria?

mmarsalone

68gt390 said:
I could sure use those Nugget Gold pieces for my GT. I had a real hard time finding the correct paint to match when I redid my interior on the GT.

Don
I thought the same thing when I saw them. Wish I could only buy the Nugget Gold pieces from him.