• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Cal Special Restoration Video

Dacecil

Jon and others who have been following this thread:

I still have not received my videos although on December 19, Jeff said they would be mailed immediately. Today is December 31 and no videos. I have mailed several packages since that date and all have arrived safely. No Christmas rush excuse.

I have also emailed Jeff about this, and have gotten not reply.

Just thought I would let you know.

Thanks
Dale

PB gtcs

Admin,

I have not recieved my video either. Nor a response from the email I sent. Could sure use it for my project.

B.

PB gtcs

Still no tapes at my house. Sure wish we had them to get some ideas as we proceed.

Admin, when do you suggest we give up on the idea of getting these from the vendor??

Brian

admin

Staff member
Administrator
[quote author=PB gtcs link=board=1;threadid=750;start=0#msg4170 date=1073330954]
Admin, when do you suggest we give up on the idea of getting these from the vendor??
[/quote]
No. He sounded very willing to help when I spoke to him on the phone. I've been out of town but will email him again and call if he doesn't respond.

PB gtcs

Thanks

I will hold my horses. Very much appreciate your involvement.

OP
OP
D

Dacecil

Jon and others interested:

I emailed Jeff from Classic Car Garage a couple of days ago and he responded with a terse message basically blaming me for the delay. Anyway, his earlier message on December 19 said that he would send them "immediately". To me, immediately means that day or the next day at the latest. In his last message on 1-5-04, he stated that he had sent them on December 30. Anyway, now it is January 7, and still no video. I don't necessarily want to make a crusade of this on this website, I just want to remind us all that dealing with people you don't know over the internet can be a little risky. I'm pretty sure I will never see my video, which I can live with. I asked Jeff to just refund my money. That's the part I don't understand. If he doesn't have the product, then he should gladly refund the money. He didn't hesitate to cash my check. I can only assume at this point that he is financing his life and other ventures with someone else's money. Not a good way to go through life.

Dale

admin

Staff member
Administrator
[quote author=Dacecil link=board=1;threadid=750;start=0#msg4190 date=1073534166]I can only assume at this point that he is financing his life and other ventures with someone else's money. Not a good way to go through life.
[/quote]
I really don't think this is the case. Many of us have received our videos just fine.

If they weren't shipped priority mail it may take several days. USPS lists parcel post as taking 7 days. Considering the holiday it seems reasonable that it may not have arrived yet. I sent a package before X-mas by priority mail which is supposed to be 2-3 days and it took 11.

Obviously I don't know for sure if they were sent, but I'm simply saying that it's not inconceivable that it was shipped when he said it was.

OP
OP
D

Dacecil

To All:

My videos arrived today, January 10, 2004. Thanks for you help, Jon.

Dale

PB gtcs

As of today, no videos. Still looking for them in the Midwest. Just got the frame rails in, floor pans in, painting with POR 15, ordered the quarters, ready for more. Hope they arrive soon. Would appreciate the help as bought the car fully disassembled. Pray we can get it back together again.

Brian

PB gtcs

Got the videos last week. You all were right. Nice show, but not a lot of real deap guidance for the resto. Helpful and insightfull, but not deep enough. Oh, and those commercials, I can stand those. The shirts and the crawlers are too much and dont see how they have anythiing to do with helping us understand how to restore a GT/CS.

Thanks to all who looked into this.

Brian