• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted 68 console radio pad with convenience group

Jschoony

Looking for 68 console radio pad with holes for convenience group any color that can be dyed black will work. Thanks in advance Jason

wallace

68 Console Pad

Just Dashes could probably take any pad and reform the foam and put new vinyl on as the holes are already there?

Might be pricy! $750 to do the bottom pad and radio pad?

Look at their site. They have a 68 padded console which they did in their gallery.

The only thing is it is missing the "fake" stitching.

Thanks, Wally

OP
OP
J

Jschoony

Thanks Wallace but years ago my car was broken into and the took the console I replaced it but the radio pad I have now does not have the holes. Once I find one with the hole that is my plan is to have it redone and just dashes.

1968Cally

That one on Just Dashes looks like a nice job was done. I must say that I do not like the all chrome metal insert very much. I like the black camera case finish better. Probably because it is stock and I am a stock kind of guy.

wallace

Console pad

Jason,

I thought all padded radio pieces had the holes under the foam in the frame regardless? I'm pretty sure they could take your current one and form the holes with their process?

Maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks, Wally

OP
OP
J

Jschoony

They all do have the holes in the frame I am just not sure if Just Dashes has a template for the foam but I suppose I could ask them that would save me from having to buy a pad with the holes and having it recovered as I already have 2 pads without them.

Last edited: