• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Kick Panels

stangfan

The kick panels in my GT/CS are both cracked at the screw holes. I want to replace them, and I thought I saw where the Scott Drake ones are pre-drilled at the mounting points. Is this correct? If not Scott Drake, does anyone here know of kick panels that are pre-drilled?

Thanks. :grin:

clubpro

Hi Steve,

Yes the new Drake panels are pre-drilled with reinforcement around the holes. They are an excellent replacement for the old cracked originals.

Cheers,

Ron

Ruppstang

The Scott Drake ones are good but they only come in black and would need to be dyed for other colors.

dalorzo_f

That does seem really odd, but with SD who knows.

I have seen new info on "concours correct" (use with caution, results may vary, past performance is no guarantee of future returns...) 65-66 ones from SD, but the site makes no mention I can see of any difference in the part for 68 coupes in black or the other colors noted... seems very odd they would, tool up and only injection mold one color...???

The descriptions do note "now made by drake" for black and a slightly different blurb noting "the finest available" (so it is less bad than others? The finest POS is still a POS!) for the others, so maybe so... not really clear on their site. May have to take the risk and try the new SD parts as I have black interior and actually need a set, and hope they work better than most of their stuff! :wink: