• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT/CS in Seattle

McGuire

Had the car inspected (Near Cave Junction, OR).

It is a nice driver and well sorted out. Interior was nice(believe new) as well as the carpet.

Car drove straight, shifted well and easy breaking. No smoke or large oil leaks. Small leak from Transmission, could not determine location.

Paint and body needs a little work(trunk lid looks like the clear coat is coming off the top and under the trunk lid was a 'repair' that was carried out. (did not look professionally done) MISC dents/scratches....

Could not confirm if engine/trans were original. Seller did not know either. Person selling for another family member with medical issue(Aunt). A lot of receipts dating back from 2002. Did not go through them. Have further pictures if anyone is interested.

Mosesatm

Attachments

• 8R01C134576.pdf
    122.1 KB · Views: 27
  • White GNS.jpg
    White GNS.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 23
  • White GNS High Script.jpg
    White GNS High Script.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 26

68 special

It is in So. Oregon, about 45 mins west Grants Pass off of I5 on the Redwood hwy. A friend of mine has a Mustang Restoration business in Grants Pass. He may know of this car. I'll touch base with him and see.

Bret

robert campbell

It is a nice looking car. Would like to see the Marti. Early J code. If it is a GT the door tag axle ratio would confirm if they do not have the report. Lots of liberties taken under the hood. The 8k tach would be an extra cost option called out on the report or perhaps it is an original 4 sp. The dual quad exhaust is GT but it has a non GT gas cap.

My car has an black lettered GT cap, but it is not a GT. Paul mentioned in his first book that some of the early cars may have had GT pop open caps vice the later style for the regular run of GT/CS cars. I think he even suggested some 1967 black lettered ones.

Sportyworty,
In you opinion does a GT optioned GT/CS come with a GT gas cap? I have not heard of that, but nothing surprises me anymore.

Rob

platnumheart666

I was considering the Cave Creek OR CA Special for our first GT/CS, but its 6 1/2 hours away and not the best considering the description. There is the one at specialtysales.com http://specialtysales.com/vehicles/8098 but seems to have a lot of things off about it. I have looked but did not find, did anyone verify this one yet? And is this price outlandish for what it is?

Mosesatm

Which car?
I think we've discussed 4 different cars in this thread!

sportyworty

Hi Rob in my opinion a true GT GT/CS or HCS would have a GT Pop Cap. I have not followed any of the anomalies of the pre regular production cars so not including these. My opinion is based on original pics and time spent with Scott Fullers amazing survivor R code HCS and Armond's restoration of John's old Brittany Blue R code GT/CS. Always open to a new opinion but at this point those cars are credible documentation as both have substantial history in photographs

McGuire

Mosesatm,

When would you have the Marti info? Have made offer but want to be sure of its authenticity and options.

Thx

Mosesatm

It was supposed to have been e-mailed to me last week but I didn't receive it.

I just sent Marti a note asking them to check on it and two others. He may have been overwhelmed with my large order and just missed those three.

The VIN for the car is indeed 8R01J140036. There is a VIN link on the dealer's website.

McGuire

Mosesatm,

Car that I made offer on is from original post. "Seattle " car that was located in cave junction OR.

Thx for the reply!

Eric

Mosesatm

Still waiting on that one, too.

ETA,
Here you go.

Attachments

• 8R01C143558.pdf
    119.8 KB · Views: 67
Last edited: