• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. '66 radio options

66hcs-conv

hi all,

I need advise regarding radio choices for our '66 Mustang.

I installed a Custom autosound radio a few years ago - probably the worst sounding radio I've ever had. Now, the AM-FM portion has quit working. The Sat. (Aux) input is ok, but no more AM-FM. I've used that %%$@#@# radio for about 1/2 hour.

Anyhow, what are your recommendations for a good reliable radio, that will fit in the stock opening, and sound better than the stock AM radio?

THANKS, I appreciate your help. Dave

hicountrybob

hi all,

I need advise regarding radio choices for our '66 Mustang.

I installed a Custom autosound radio a few years ago - probably the worst sounding radio I've ever had. Now, the AM-FM portion has quit working. The Sat. (Aux) input is ok, but no more AM-FM. I've used that %%$@#@# radio for about 1/2 hour.

Anyhow, what are your recommendations for a good reliable radio, that will fit in the stock opening, and sound better than the stock AM radio?

THANKS, I appreciate your help. Dave

Dave, I have a Ford Mustang factory stock '66 AM-FM in 1 of my '66 convertibles and a Ford Mustang factory stock '66 am-8 track in my other convertible. Come on down and listen sometime. Bob Teets here.

OP
OP
66hcs-conv

66hcs-conv

Thanks Bob for the invite.

Anybody else got advise regarding radio choices for a '66?

Thanks, Dave

green56

66 radio

Bob on yourAM/FM radio does that radio fit in the spot were the AM radio goes or do you have to cut to get radio in also who makes the radio for that car ___Ford, Philco,or Motarola Thanks Tom from WI

whodat

I have a period correct AM radio in my 1968 GT/CS. Front kick panel speakers and 6x9 box speakers behind the seat. Rockford-Fosgate because that's what the radio shop had. I also have a amp under my back seat. I just installed a Redirad system in it. You can check it out at www.rediscoverradio.com or www.redirad.com
So far so good. I play my IPOD on it. I have'nt tried anything else yet.

di81977

Probably not helpful for your 1966, but here is what my 1968 looks like. Alpine with ipod cable. Fits in stock location, with minor modifications. I also have 4 Focal speakers, two in the front kick panels and two in the rear. I think it sounds great and love using it with my iphone.

Attachments

• radio1.jpg
    radio1.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 23
  • radio2.jpg
    radio2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 24
  • radio3.jpg
    radio3.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 26
  • radio4.jpg
    radio4.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 23

green56

Would you know if anybody has a radio faceplate For a 66 AM 8 track?
Thanks Tom From WI