• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Sticky topic regarding Vin Tag

dbeal

Guys,

First off thanks to all who have helped with me with info on restoring my GT/CS

I know this is a sticky topic, but one of the things my car is missing is the Vin Tag on the dash. I have the verified the car is an actual california special with the vin number stamped on both inner fenders, have the Marty report, and a good title on the car.

I'm trying to find someone who can legally reproduce the dash vin tag. I have the supporting documentation and asked Kevin Marti, but he is unable to do them anymore for some reason. Is there anyone else who is authorized to do this?

Thanks in advance

Darrell

classicsguy

I once contacted K.Marti and he said that he will do them providing proof of rubdown of the vin stamped in another part of car like fender. This is news for me because I think that Kevin Marti will be only authorized to do it. Call them again and find out why.

68gt390

See my post, "Could VIN TAG have been switched". Other than doing what classicguy has suggested I know of no other way to verify the vin on your car. Look at the back of your engine block and see if VIN was stamped into the block (it could be on either side of the engine block). Again, don't be supprised if you don't find it. It was not always stamped . I do not know what state you are in but, in Ohio if you can not produce a VIN number on the car that can be verified some where you can not get a title for a car bought out of state.

Don ???

OP
OP
D

dbeal

The vin has been verified by the stampings on inner fenders, and I have the rubbings and a marti report also..The block is a 68 but not original to the car, as the car was pretty much a shell when I got it from Russ. I appreciate the commments. I'm wondering if Kevin Marti might be under the impression that I'm trying to scam him? I'll call him again and maybe get more info.

Darrell