• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

"Paint OK " Stamp

murf104

Looking for a copy of the actual size stamp that was located on the horizontal flange of the front fender on San Jose built Mustangs. I need one for a 1966, but hoped that on this forum someone would have a copy of a 68 and they were the same. If by chance one of you serious restorers would have such a stamp could you please stamp it on a peice of paper and send it to me at John Murphy, 309 13th. St., Pawnee, Il. 62558 . Thanks in advance for any help in this matter, and I will of course pay you for the mailing cost and buy you an adult beverage. Murf

case12

where is it located, and if i have it, is it possible i could trace it? i do have restoration books that show it for 66, but not the actual dimensions....Casey

nfrntau

Is this what your looking for?

Attachments

• Front_030a.jpg
    Front_030a.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 11

390cs68rcode

[quote author=nfrntau link=board=1;threadid=1919;start=0#msg12771 date=1122172650]
Is this what your looking for?
[/quote]

probably not. there is a stamp that reads "paint ok" in green ink. My 68 390 coupe has this still on it.

OP
OP
M

murf104

The truth of the matter is that I do not know exactly what I am looking for. I have seen this stamp on early San Jose cars from time to time but have never photographed it. I hoped that someone still had one intact. If you do have one perhaps a close up photo showing the stamp along with a rules in the photo to give some idea of the size of the font would help. I am grasping at straws here so any help would be appreciated. Thanks, murf

OP
OP
M

murf104

Casey: Sent you a PM with sample photo of a stamp found on early horns. If it does get to you by some miricle (old guy that is computerchallenged here) perhaps you can post to show what I am looking for. Would also like to see what your book shows as far as stamp. Also i have heard that perhaps the vendor that is making the LED lights may have a stamp for West coast early cars in the works but have not seen one yet. Thanks, Murf

OP
OP
M

murf104

Yes, Thanks to all for the help. It is wonderful that so many folks are willing to help out . I think every day how much more advanced civilization might be had the internet been invented long ago. (I know it could not happen until Al Gore invented it ) Thanks again, Murf