• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ADMIN - New Feature: Member Map

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I've just added a new toy to the site. :grin: It's a Member Map. (see the link in the top navigation bar)

Members can place a tag showing where they're from. It will interesting to see where everyone is and should help with some of the discussions about where to host get-togethers.

The map is extremely detailed. You'll probably be able to find your house, although for privacy reasons I wouldn't recommend placing your tag there. Somewhere in your city should do.

If anyone has any trouble with it please post here. One tip: after you enter your tag you'll need to close your browser and open it again to refresh your display.

68sunlitgold

Jon,
this is great, now I can see where people are so I can maybe plan a visit on my trips around the US. By the way I had to close the browser and open a new one for my location to show up.

Doug

68gt390

This is a pretty niffty little tool. Kinda neat to see where everybody is located throughout the U.S.

Don

390cs68rcode

at first I thought to myself that someone could pinpoint where a nice car is for mischevious purposes. To cover this I pinpointed my location as the police substation down the street. :pimp: :pimp: :icon_lol:

TheBlkPearl

Oops - can tags be moved?

Is there a way to delete or move the tag? I clicked before I was located and my tag is out in the wilderness area of Idaho.

68sunlitgold

BlkPearl,
If you click on "your entry" then update the location and then hit "update your inofrmation". I think that will do it.

Doug

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Not bad. 39 members as of today. Even one in Iceland! :smile:

rvrtrash

I just found out there is a CS in Spokane, right next door to me. I'm trying to get the owner to register and join our group, which will make 40. Don't we have more than 39 regulars here? Sure seems like it.
Steve

68sunlitgold

Looks like Jayscal and me are the only ones in the SE that have utilized the map so far.....come one guys show us where you are.

Doug

rvrtrash

I just thought I'd bring this to the top so our new members would know about it. Follow the directions and put your name up and it'll be easy to see if someone is close to you. Use it to set up meets, cruises or just have another car to have as a reference if you need to know how yours should be or where something goes when you put it back together.

Steve