• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

66 HCS for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

68MustangHCS

This car is the wrong color, no badges, and an expensive restoration painted that color? What gives for 17K. You'd have to have some serious documentation to swing me.

TheBlkPearl

A better reply would be:
it is the real thing. I have the badging. (Maybe use full sentences) Here is a copy of the Marti report and VIN number for you to verify. For all we know, this could have been rebuilt from any wreck.

rvrtrash

[quote author=bubbabiasz link=board=3;threadid=2308;start=0#msg16102 date=1130718671]
It is clear that you don't have an idea of the value of collector cars. Too bad.
[/quote]

It usually doesn't help the sale when you show up as a newbie on a site and start pissing in everyone's Cheerios. We do wish you the best of luck on your sale though.
Steve

luisa2552

We do know the value of these cars- that is what this site is about- I would venture to say that no one knows more about these cars than most on this site, so when you come selling a car that on first glance does not appear to be a HCS, red flags go up. If you are the expert you claim to be you would know this and have offered the VIN and/or Marti report in your first posting. Your bad attitute has destryed any chance you had to sell your car to anyone on this site.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Unfortunately a Marti report is not available for a 66. They only have records for 67-73.

Posting a quick photo of the door dataplate should help prove or disprove it as a HCS.

BTW, the reply 68MustangHCS gave has nothing to do with understanding the value of collector cars. He's not disputing the value of a 66 HCS. He's asking for proof that it is a HCS.

68gt390

bubbabiasz;
Boy if you aren't a jewel. "Get a life", "Shut-Up". Those are some really great customer service skills you have. Maybe it's a good thing you have your own business other wise your ass would have been out the door a longtime ago.

Steve; It's pretty evident somebody has already pissed in his Cheerios and he's still got the taste in his mouth.

Don ::)

rvrtrash

I thought about what I wanted to reply to him last night when I got home from work, but decided to follow the rule, "Never argue with a fool, less those watching can't tell the difference". I think he got the message and will just go away now.
Steve

nfrntau

The way I heard it is:
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

With the sales skills this person so artfully executed on this site it's really not surprising that his car sold so quickly. ;D ;D ;D

rvrtrash

For any new people that may be lurking and thinking of joining our group, I just want to clear something up for you. I think most people here, myself included, welcome new members joining our family. In my original post, I simply pointed out insulting and attacking your potential customers who have been here for years wasn't a good way to sell a car, and then called him a fool when he self destructed. I'm not sure why I was credited with every perceived slight he felt but that's fine. I'll let you be the judge. Please feel if you have any questions, we'll try to answer them and help you in any way we can. Rudeness and arrogance doesn't cut it with us though. Just treat us like you would a friend and you'll fit right in.
Steve

Mosesatm

Steve, I too wondered why he was addressing his hostility towards you but then I looked up the profile for 68MustangHCS and found that his name is also Steve. My guess would be that our friend was after that Steve and not you.

I'd like to second your other comment about everyone being welcome on this site. The more the merrier. All we ask is that the profanity be kept to a minimum, and don't say anything bad about Highland Green, Hooters, Motorola, SCI, or Victorias Secret!

Mosesatm

[quote author=ColoradoHCS link=board=3;threadid=2308;start=15#msg16175 date=1130878654]
Hey Arlie, how about Nissan's? Can we say anything bad about them??
[/quote]

You bet! ;D

68MustangHCS

Hi all,

Sorry nid.steve, didn't mean for us to get mixed up in the attack and bad feelings. I was only making a personal observation on the newbie's car for sale. I suppose I may have asked too many hard questions and hit a nerve. My Bad. Anyway, the guy sold his car...yaaaa!...and now things should cool down here.

Steve (LowCountrySteve) in NC

rvrtrash

No problem Arlie and Steve. I just chalked it up to the guy being a total nut case. For all we know, he may have meant me after all and is sitting at home making voodoo dolls as I type. He seems to be gone and that's the important thing. I vote we just let this thread die.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.