• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Pictures of some grill, engine and interior detailing

390cs68rcode

Been working on the 390 over the last few weeks to do some smaller detailing items that were bugging me. I replaced the carpet, added floormats for driving around, added a mechanical temp gauge to watch the temp with the new radiator (working perfectly), replaced the grill moldings and repainted correct color and Arlie saved the day by selling me some foglight housings since I had a problem getting mine off and had to cut the bolts.

last picture is my Grande for driving around when it rains. I just painted the wheels and LOVE the way those types of wheels and hubcaps look.

check out the cool customized signs I got from Ebay. Here is a link they can do anything you want. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7968862475&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

grill.jpg

grill1.jpg

grill2.jpg

grill3.jpg

grill4.jpg

grill5.jpg

grill6.jpg

signs.jpg

grande.jpg

Mustanglvr

Very, very nice, Jason. Even that Grand looks nice and I have never liked that style.

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

it is not quite black but pretty close. it has metal flakes in it as well. I ordered ppg 32930 from automotivetouchup.com and this is what came back. I do agree it is a little too dark.

WLM

That GT/CS sure is looking good. The engine bay like that is a piece of artwork!!!

Bill

P

PNewitt

JB--

Your interior shots are so well lighted, I want to use them in the book...but could I talk you into taking a few new photos without the cup holders and floor mats? (can you hide the gauge, too?) Send me an E-mail?

Despite it looking darker that it should--you used the correct paint code for the grill pieces. It photographs as black. When it's new, it always looks too dark. Time and weather lightens that color. It looks wonderful!! Back to '68!

Paul N.

68sunlitgold

Jason,
How do you like the "plug and chug" cup holder, I am thinking about getting one so I don't have to hold my coffee mug between my legs if I need to use both hands. Who did you get yours from? Thanks

Doug

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

[quote author=68sunlitgold link=board=1;threadid=2275;start=0#msg15855 date=1130005663]
Jason,
How do you like the "plug and chug" cup holder, I am thinking about getting one so I don't have to hold my coffee mug between my legs if I need to use both hands. Who did you get yours from? Thanks

Doug
[/quote]

works great. I highly suggest using one. NPD has them.