• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

WTB California Special with 390 and automatic

Mosesatm

I think Jason is looking to buy such a car, not sell one.

Mosesatm

Jason, maybe you can talk Don into selling you his car, then all you'd need to do is replace the 4-speed with an automatic! ;D

68gt390

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=3;threadid=1638;start=0#msg10048 date=1115150952]
Jason, maybe you can talk Don into selling you his car, then all you'd need to do is replace the 4-speed with an automatic! ;D
[/quote]

That would take a lot of talking. But, can't blame folks for trying. I average at least 1 or 2 emails every week from somebody wanting to know if the car is for sale. Who knows, maybe in 20 years (then you'd have to deal with my son). Hey Jason, you building up your retirement fund or your own dealership?

Don 8)

case12

I spoke to Jim Mize back in October who had an Acapulco Blue one for sale in GA. Don't know if he sold it. He was looking for $17.5k for it then. He sent me a lot of nice pictures and the Marti report. You may want to try emailing him to see if he still has it? It was listed on this site and on Autotrader back then. Here is his email:

Jim Mize [JMize@theprestonpartnership.com]

Mosesatm

Don, is your car painted a standard '68 candy apple red or did you change the formula a little?

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

Hey Jason, you building up your retirement fund or your own dealership?

Don 8)

I am starting to think a little bit of both. 8)

Also been thinking of how much it will cost to make my 3 car garage a 6 car.

hookedtrout

[quote author=case12 link=board=3;threadid=1638;start=0#msg10050 date=1115152780]
I spoke to Jim Mize back in October who had an Acapulco Blue one for sale in GA. Don't know if he sold it. He was looking for $17.5k for it then. He sent me a lot of nice pictures and the Marti report. You may want to try emailing him to see if he still has it? It was listed on this site and on Autotrader back then. Here is his email:

Acapulco Blue!!!! You better jump on that one, doesn't get any better than that. ;)

Hook
[/quote]

68gt390

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=3;threadid=1638;start=0#msg10051 date=1115153046]
Don, is your car painted a standard '68 candy apple red or did you change the formula a little?
[/quote]

"Candy Apple Red" :eek:. I changed the formula a lot, it's "Royal Maroon" Ford #3059-A.

Jason; I know what you mean by changing to a 6 car garage. I have a 2.5 car garage and still don't have enough room. 2 Stangs and half a garage full of spare parts. My girlfriend gets mad with me cause her new car sits outside even in the winter. ;D

Don

Mosesatm

"Candy Apple Red" :eek:. I changed the formula a lot, it's "Royal Maroon" Ford #3059-A.

Don

That would certainly explain why it looks darker than candy apple red. The photo was taken in bright sunlight.

Beautiful car!

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

Don

I can do one better on the garage and cars sitting outside. I have 3 68's that sit inside. I have one 66 restomod that has been a 6 month project at my buddies shop and my $130k Merecedes sits out in the (Houston) weather. Funny how our priorities are with the Mustangs. ;)

My wife has been bugging me to get her a Mini vert. ::)

My new house I just moved into is gonna look like a used car lot soon. I guess it is good we have a large brick wall.

rvrtrash

I built my tiny shop (24 x 36) with 10' walls and a vaulted ceiling to 12' in the center and put in a 4 post lift. The shop is supposed to be for 3 cars but since one of mine is small and I can store one on the lift, I have 5 cars in it and one sitting outside, actually two since I'm storing a car for a friend while he moves. I still leave my daily drivers in the garage attached to the house. I don't know how I got by all those years without the lift. It's cheaper than extending a wall and is nice when you need to work under the car, if you have the height for it.
Steve

68gt390

Thanks Arlie for the compliment.

Hey Steve; Can we all come over to your house and use the lift? ;)

Heck, I'll even bring the beer!!!!!

This question is a little off the subject but, any of you folks plan on attending the Grand Nationals up in Youngstown, OH in Sept?

Don :D

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

[quote author=case12 link=board=3;threadid=1638;start=0#msg10050 date=1115152780]

[/quote]

I contacted Jim and the car is sold. thanks

Still looking for a 390 CS with automatic. I will pay $2000 to anyone who can find me a 428 CS that I end up purchasing.

jk89cat

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=3;threadid=1638;start=0#msg10060 date=1115166986]
[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=3;threadid=1638;start=0#msg10051 date=1115153046]
[/quote]

Jason; I know what you mean by changing to a 6 car garage. I have a 2.5 car garage and still don't have enough room. 2 Stangs and half a garage full of spare parts. My girlfriend gets mad with me cause her new car sits outside even in the winter. ;D

Don
[/quote]

i know what you mean . i have my 64 galaxie inside, a ton of parts and my dads harley , and i have a storage tent. and its a 2.5 .i need a 10 car !!

rvrtrash

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=3;threadid=1638;start=0#msg10067 date=1115209487]

Hey Steve; Can we all come over to your house and use the lift? ;)

Heck, I'll even bring the beer!!!!!

Don :D
[/quote]

I'd love to have a row of California Specials in front of my house for any reason. You're all welcome to come over any time. ;D

Steve