• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

SOLD Selling My J-Code GT/CS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTCSMustang

1968 GT/CS Mustang in very good unrestored, original condition. Original California car with original black and yellow license plates (verified by registrations and original title) and original (front and rear) license plate frames (verified by original window sticker and original purchase order). Marti report verified.

I purchased the car from the original owner (WWII B-29 pilot - pacific theater) in San Diego California, where the car had resided all of its life (until I bought it).

Pristine window vin tag intact and unaltered
Nice original door tag intact and unaltered

VIN 8R01J167775

97,073-miles

Lime Gold paint
Ivy Gold standard interior
Scheduled for build on July 3, 1968
Los Angeles DSO (71)
3.00 standard axle ratio
C-4 automatic transmission

Additional options:
California Special
C-4 Cruise-O-Matic Transmission
F70X40 Wide Oval Tires
White Sidewall Nylon Tires
Power Steering
Air Conditioner – Selectaire
AM Radio
Tinted Glass
Remote Control Left Hand Mirror
Chrome Styled Steel Wheels

I also have the original window sticker for the car showing all the options on the Marti report and that it was delivered to University Ford in San Diego.

I have the original purchase order for the car showing the VIN, owner’s name, options, and price that it sold for on 9/8/1968. It also shows that power brakes were added at the time of sale by the selling dealership. The PO is original, not a copy.

I have the original owner’s manual with owner’s name and VIN filled in on the inside of the cover along with dealership stamp and oil changes documented through 1971. I also have the other glove box paperwork (safety guide, warranty book)

I have every registration from 1968 through 1993.

I have the metal temporary owner card and plate, and the plastic warranty identification card.

Interior

100% original interior in very good condition. No rips or tears in front or rear seats. Some of the stuffing has compressed in front driver seat, so you sit a little low. However, there is a build sheet still in the springs under the driver seat.

Original FoMoCo green rubber floor mats (front and rear)

Glass

All original glass with CarLite logos, no chips or cracks or scratches

Wheels

4-chrome styled steel wheels (on window sticker, very rare to have as factory option) with beautiful trim rings and GT center caps.

Interior Function

Fuel gauge works

Odometer works

Speedometer works

Temp gauge does not function. I’d bet it’s a bad sending unit and not the gauge.

Oil pressure gauge works

Amp gauge works

Cigar lighter works

Horn works

Overhead dome light works (lens has small hole in center)

Cluster lights work

Dimmer for cluster lights works

High beam indicator (horse) works

Dash turn signal indicators work

Radio works

Shifter lights work

Radio illumination light works

Driver remote mirror works

Door locks work

Window cranks work (knobs are green to match the interior)

Driver interior door latch handle works but loose

Heater/AC fan works on all speeds

Exterior Lights

All exterior lights function properly including:

Headlights (high and low beam), Fog lights, Front parking and marker lights, Taillights (running and brake), Turn signals, Turn signals in hood, and Flashers

Exterior

Paint is in good condition overall. All metallic paint colors age worse than solid colors. Because of that most metallic cars get painted at some point. The paint on this car is degraded but in good shape. However it is thin in some areas and it has numerous scratches (some of which will come out and some won’t). I think the paint can be cleaned up to a point, but it will never be new again.

Underside

Dirty but no rust. Some of the bare steel parts have flash rusted over the years, but this is normal and this is a rust-free car.

The exhaust is original from the engine to the muffler. I think the muffler and tailpipe have been replaced. The exhaust hangers look original.

Drivetrain Function/Power Steering/Brakes

The car starts fine and goes to high idle. After a few minutes it will go to low idle.

It smokes out the tailpipe when it’s cold but runs clean after a few minutes at idle.
The transmission shifts well and there are is no slipping or noises.

There are no odd engine noises at idle or under acceleration.

The car runs strong with no issues except as noted above.

The power brakes work well and don’t pull

The power steering works well with no odd noises

The car drives very well up to 70-MPH (and more maybe, I just haven’t driven it there). Smooth and straight with no pull to either side.

Engine Compartment/Engine

Dirty from years of grime, but virtually untouched

Shock tower spot welds are perfect

Original shock tower sticker in place

Engine and air cleaner still retains its original paint with tune-up specs on driver side valve cover

Original AC compressor with FoMoCo tag

Engine tag still on engine

Carb tag still on carb

I’m sure the engine has never been out of the car or rebuilt
Original air cleaner sticker is in place

The usual belts, hoses, battery cables, and some clamps have been replaced

Trunk

Good condition, no rust. Bone dry trunk drop-off areas. No indication of any painting that isn’t factory. Original spare wheel, but non-orig tire. Reproduction trunk mat (old), no jack or handle.

Overall

A rare J-code original paint, untouched GT/CS in California since new with impeccable documentation

Please call or email with questions.

SFReproductions@aol.com or 760-371-1214

Thanks for looking,

Scott

Attachments

• Front 2.JPG
    Front 2.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 163
  • Rear 2.JPG
    Rear 2.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 154
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 169
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 151
  • Engine.jpg
    Engine.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 182
  • Interior 1.jpg
    Interior 1.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 167
  • Interior 2.jpg
    Interior 2.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 144
  • Trunk 1.jpg
    Trunk 1.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 139

390cs68rcode

Just wanted to say I have bought 2 cars from Scott and anything he states will be exactly as it is in person. I would not hesitate to buy another car from Scott sight unseen.

sportyworty

I have also seen and driven this car. Scott's description is spot on and the paper work included is second to none. How many original California Specials are left and a J code to boot. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.