• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS emblems

our special

I just received the GT/CS emblems in the mail From Paul Newitt that he had advertised for sale.

I have to say that I'm inpressed with the quality and detail of the emblems.

If there is anyone sitting on the fence wondering if they should get them or not, in my humble opinion, go for it.

Dave

68sunlitgold

Dave,
I will also agree with you, I too have a set and they look very high quality. I have already purchased (thru ebay) the correct steering wheel center pad to attach the emblem.
Doug

OP
OP
O

our special

Doug, I ordered the woodgrain piece for the steering wheel from Tony D. Branda.

I have to install a pair of " front of front door window seals " first, and then I will start on the steering wheel.

I think it is going to look good.

Dave

Gosh! WOW. Thank you for the compliments, guys!

I made those emblems about three years ago, and just sat on them--until now.

I still have about five sets, if anyone else wants one....at $95 per set-- e-mail me for the details, photo of parts, address, etc.

(PMNewitt@CaliforniaSpecial.com)

Many thanks!

Paul Newitt

hookedtrout

Not familiar with these, what exactly are we talking about? Any pictures we can see?

Thanks, Cory

[quote author=PMNewitt link=board=1;threadid=309;start=0#msg1587 date=1050558806]
I still have about five sets, if anyone else wants one....at $95 per set-- e-mail me for the details, photo of parts, address, etc.
[/quote]

68sunlitgold

Cory,
Here is a pic, they where something what was developed by Ford as possible additions for the CS but did not make it into production. Paul made these from the drawings (I believe). The smaller one fits in the steering wheel using a cougar or Shelby center pad, and the long one fits over the Mustang script above the glove box.
Doug

Attachments

• GT_CS_special_dash_parts.jpg
    GT_CS_special_dash_parts.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 168

limelyt

I have a friend who owned GT/CS that had the original badging when they were for sale a long time ago. I begged him to let me cast them and reproduce them for my GT/CS. Attached is my finished resin casting c/w painting.

Attachments

• badging.jpg
    badging.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 89

CaliStang68

Gary,
Those are great looking!!!!!!! I also have a post about trying to find some of these emblems. Will you be making anymore to sell? If so I'm very interested and ready to buy.
Thanks,
Rick

CaliStang68

Rick I don't know if there was a copy right on these so we would need to confirm this. I wonder if anyone else on the site know.

thanks
Ok Gary please let me know what you find out. If nothing else can you give me the dimensions?
Thanks
Rick

CaliStang68

I have a friend who owned GT/CS that had the original badging when they were for sale a long time ago. I begged him to let me cast them and reproduce them for my GT/CS. Attached is my finished resin casting c/w painting.

Hey Gary is this your next endeavor after the window stickers? If so count me in!!
Rick

CaliStang68

Hey Gary,

You think you will ever make anymore of these? I'm still interested if you do.

Rick