• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 GT/CS dash badging

Status
Not open for further replies.

limelyt

Sorry but the original mold gave out. I guess it was to old and could not keep up. Thanks to everyone that ordered one. Sorry but we cannot make anymore.

Attachments

• badging order form.pdf
    326.5 KB · Views: 447
Last edited:

CaliStang68

Badges/Emblems

You have asked for them and now they are back. The GT/CS dash and steering wheel badges. These badges once produce have how been re-created in cast resin. Handmade and painted, each one is made to order. Open on the attached PDF and ‘CLICK’ on the ‘ORDER NOW’ and you will be sent to PayPal where you can select your payment option. Delivery time in Canada/United States 1-2 weeks, worldwide 2-3 weeks.

Thank you for recreating these Limelyt and for the PM!!!! which I cannot reply to for some reason.

C. Rick Herrera
Fastang68

wallace

Where these available through the dealer as an option? Very nice option!

Thanks, Wally

wallace

West Coast Cougar Classics

Ordered both and went on to West Coast Cougar Classics and ordered the steering wheel components to make this work!

I really like WCCC. Great site/store.

Best, Wally

NosAvrenim

Thanks for posting / creating these! I've been drooling over these for years since I first saw similar one's on another car on this site (P. Newitt's old car??).

Ordered two sets so that I have a back-up for the inevitable next project.

Thanks again!

-Nate

NosAvrenim

Wally,

Which parts did you order from WCCC?
I agree, WCCC is a great site/store.

-Nate

OP
OP
limelyt

limelyt

Thanks for posting / creating these! I've been drooling over these for years since I first saw similar one's on another car on this site (P. Newitt's old car??).

Ordered two sets so that I have a back-up for the inevitable next project.

Thanks again!

-Nate

Got the order. Hope you enjoy them

Gary

wallace

Standard Interior Options

Gary,

I have standard interior. I was able to order the steering wheel center, etc to put the steering wheel badge. Not sure what to do with the other badge which goes over the glove box area. Does anybody use the other badge over standard camera case interior rather than woodgrain?

Don't really want to change my interior to woodgrain.

Thoughts?
Thanks, Wally

OP
OP
limelyt

limelyt

Gary,

I have standard interior. I was able to order the steering wheel center, etc to put the steering wheel badge. Not sure what to do with the other badge which goes over the glove box area. Does anybody use the other badge over standard camera case interior rather than woodgrain?

Don't really want to change my interior to woodgrain.

Thoughts?
Thanks, Wally

I think just installing it over the camera back will be fine. You do not need the woodgrain. That photo was of our car and that is what we have.

gazrox

Thanks Gary - great job with the badges!

Attachments

• 61361990180__EE2C3691-FA68-4E71-B46B-93EAB6E7A761.jpg
    61361990180__EE2C3691-FA68-4E71-B46B-93EAB6E7A761.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 76

dr1v3n

I ordered both, glad their back. Saw it once in a photo and was wondering where I could get it. I only plan to install the dash plaque first. I bought the steering wheel one but I don’t plan to run an original steering wheel. Not sure where I will install the other badge but for 20 bucks for something custom like this I couldn’t pass it up.

NosAvrenim

Got the order. Hope you enjoy them

Gary

Gary,

The badges arrived Friday and look great. Thanks for making these!

Quick question: What is the best glue for the steering wheel badge? I'm thinking something like ShoeGoo to bond the resin to the rubber insert.

Right now, I'm considering ordering a new passenger dash insert and carefully removing the built-in emblem and attaching the new CS in that space. I'll send pics when done.

-Nate

Mosesatm

Gary,

Quick question: What is the best glue for the steering wheel badge? I'm thinking something like ShoeGoo to bond the resin to the rubber insert.

Right now, I'm considering ordering a new passenger dash insert and carefully removing the built-in emblem and attaching the new CS in that space. I'll send pics when done.

-Nate

West Coast Classic Cougar has used Cougar pads that are the correct shape.

OP
OP
limelyt

limelyt

Gary,

-Nate

We used JB weld on our and they have been hanging on for 14 years

Status
Not open for further replies.