• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 I am Convinced People on Craigslist Can't Read

mike in CA

As most of you know, I have been looking for a 68 GT/CS for a while now. So from a suggestion on this forum, I posted an ad on Craigslist for a finders fee to find me a car. I posted it today with extremely clear criteria on what I am looking for and will accept. I have been slammed with e-mails today from people telling me about a car in San Diego that does not even come close to what I specified in my post. I am now convinced that nobody reads past the title on Craigslist ads. I was also told by a guy that I would not be able to find a GT/CS under 40K and they are closer to 70K. I really think some people do not realize the economy has colapsed in this country. Now I can see a car in show condition or a nice 390 car being over 40K, but all of them, even in driver or worse condition. Give me a break. I had a guy try to sell me a rusted out non running hulk for 10K today. Geez, are people for real! I know craigslist is rampent with scammers and flakes, but today has been rediculous. Whew, now I feel better. I just had to vent.

Cheers

Mike

classicsguy

Mike: I agree with you,still with economy as it is I have seen a lot of cars overpriced. In the case of the GT/CS since there are less than 2000 survivors believed to exist owners sometimes tend to overprice rusty cars due to their rarity and the fact that few are left. Hang in there and the right car will come along. Also consider cars that are out of California if the right car comes along. I found mine in Indiana. As I said these are becoming scarce and you should try to get the best car for your budget and the economy being the way it is owners will accept offers and you can offset the freight costs with getting a better price on the car. Good luck!!

Minnesota_Mustang_Nutt

As most of you know, I have been looking for a 68 GT/CS for a while now. So from a suggestion on this forum, I posted an ad on Craigslist for a finders fee to find me a car. I posted it today with extremely clear criteria on what I am looking for and will accept. I have been slammed with e-mails today from people telling me about a car in San Diego that does not even come close to what I specified in my post. I am now convinced that nobody reads past the title on Craigslist ads. I was also told by a guy that I would not be able to find a GT/CS under 40K and they are closer to 70K. I really think some people do not realize the economy has colapsed in this country. Now I can see a car in show condition or a nice 390 car being over 40K, but all of them, even in driver or worse condition. Give me a break. I had a guy try to sell me a rusted out non running hulk for 10K today. Geez, are people for real! I know craigslist is rampent with scammers and flakes, but today has been rediculous. Whew, now I feel better. I just had to vent.

Cheers

Mike

Heck, for 40k I might even be willing to part with mine.

CougarCJ

Surprised that they can't read? :eek:
Heck, lots of them can't even spell, and use very poor grammar.

No child held back.