• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

HCS Badge Location?

Gioman

I was looking under the Resources section of this site under Steves HCS at the pictures and noticed that on the '66 HCS's the badges appear to be located in different spots around the Mustang emblem. One was located towards the drivers side of the mustang emblem while on another mustang its located above and centered above the emblem. Was this because dealers placed these on the cars as they arrived or possibly was the locations changed do to restorations?

Heres the page: http://www.stevevanderleest.com/hcs/

Mosesatm

Here are a few magazine pictures

Attachments

• 1993 March Must & Fords.jpg
    1993 March Must & Fords.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 2001 June MM Cover.jpg
    2001 June MM Cover.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 2002 Dec Mustang Monthly.jpg
    2002 Dec Mustang Monthly.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 35

66hcs-conv

Hi Gang,

We have a 66 HCS, and the badges are in a different location of any shown in the magazine atrticles. As I understand it, the shag boy - excuse me, the shag "person", or a mechanic installed the badges, and there was no set place to put them.

When we had our car painted I know it still had the original fenders and the badges were in the original location as installed at the dealer when the car was sold.

Have fun, Dave

hicountrybob

Hi Gang,

We have a 66 HCS, and the badges are in a different location of any shown in the magazine atrticles. As I understand it, the shag boy - excuse me, the shag "person", or a mechanic installed the badges, and there was no set place to put them.

When we had our car painted I know it still had the original fenders and the badges were in the original location as installed at the dealer when the car was sold.

Have fun, Dave

I've yet to fine a written directive from Ford for mounting these badges, but it makes sense that SOMEONE at the dealerships must have received such a notice 'cause these badges did get placed in a GENERAL area on the front fender and DID NOT get placed on dashes, rear quarters etc. I, too, have noticed these different badge placements and can only assume that the installers DID NOT get proper instruction. Another thing, why on so many of these cars, do we find driver side badges ON BOTH SIDES, which would have the horse running toward the rear of the car on the passenger side?? VERY, VERY COMMON, more so on the '66 than the '67 HCS Mustang. PS. Years ago, I was told by a Denver area retired salesman, that when he sold cars for Johnny Harper Ford here in Wheat Ridge, Co., another salesman selling cars there used to put a badge on the dashboards of ANY Mustang to sell it. Sure enough, lo and behold, because since then, I have had 2 different '66 DISAPPOINTED Mustang owners call to register their cars in the registry and I had to tell them "SORRY". and on ANOTHER NOTE, all 3 years HCS cars were built and shipped from San Jose, had a DSO 51 and were distributed not only in Denver proper, but to any/and or all Colorado, Nebraska, Wyoming, and South Dakota dealerships PERIOD, because they were in Denver DIVISION. But, also be aware that DENVER DIVISION could and did buy cars (not HCS) from Dearborn etc, ie. my '66 hipo conv. is a DSO 51, built and shipped from Dearborn, and originally sold by Bill Goodro Ford here in Denver proper..SORRY TO GET OFF TOPIC. HC Bob here.