• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Anyone ship a Mustang recently?

DeadStang

I haven't shipped a car in a couple of years and don't know who to try and use. Has anyone used a transport company or good broker recently that they'd recommend?

hookedtrout

In one of the other forums I'm in there is a topic about a place you put in a request and various truckers will check their schedules and if they have a spot they bid on hauling for you. May not be applicable for a finished car or maybe there are car haulers I don't know. I do know for hauling engines and misc parts these guys have had some good luck and low prices at times.

If anyone is interested in this PM me and I'll find out what it is.

Talan423

I ship cars quite a bit and use this transport company 90% of the time... http://www.autotransportdirect.com/ . They will give you an online quote instantly... just plug in your information. $150 deposit is due immediately upon booking and you pay the driver cash or certified check upon delivery to your door. Be sure to specify open or enclosed service.
The other service i have used is www.uship.com . With this service you plug in your information and different independant transporters bid on your load. You choose which you prefer or none at all.

Good Luck
Tom

shane18fly

I've used Western Transport twice. They kept me up to date and arrived the cars in excellent condition. We shipped by covered transport. Drivers were professional and dealing with them was easy. Picked up and delivered when they said they would and price reasonable.shane

halosorio

I haven't shipped a car in a couple of years and don't know who to try and use. Has anyone used a transport company or good broker recently that they'd recommend?

A few years back I used Nationwide United Auto Transport

They have their own trucks and also have their own network of subcontractor carriers. The way it was explained to me was that since they operate throughout the U.S. sometimes they have to use subcontractors to fulfill their orders.

Overall, the car shipping was great. I would definitely recommend them :smile: