• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 hood pin template

Boss302

Hey all. Im doing a resto on my 68, and it has a replacement hood (and honestly Im not even sure its a genuine C/S but I dont care, I love it and will be keeping it).
Anyway, its a flat hood, so Ill need to drill for the hood pins. I looked online everywhere for some kind of template or measurements on where to put them, and where to mount the bracket but having no luck. Any tips? I did find another thread here that showed some pictures and thats helpful, but I think I need more...

Since Im just starting to do all this, Im sure Ill have plenty of other questions coming your way!
Thank you!
bob

franklinair

Use the SEARCH function and type hood-lock location. There are several entries that should help you.

Neil

Mosesatm

Here’s an image from the “Restoration” category.

Attachments

• BCCDE9B6-08F0-41F8-B875-CBBD5B6EFFF2.jpeg
    BCCDE9B6-08F0-41F8-B875-CBBD5B6EFFF2.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 63
OP
OP
B

Boss302

Thank you all. I did a search and most of the links were broken, but I did find some text describing where some people did theirs. Mosesatm, thanks for the image, much appreciated!