• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Golden Anniversary Mustang

robert campbell

Dudes,
Check out the below article. It is cool and talks to the Anniversary Gold special paint that my Gold Nugget Special (GNS) was painted with and referred to in the original registry book. The burb in the first book talked to the possibility of jump starting sales in the NW for the GT/CS cars painted this same color. Of note it speaks to Metke Ford in Bellevue WA as running a special promotion. I have a bunch of Fall of 1967 and early 1968 newspaper classified ads showing Metke as one of the largest dealers in the Seattle area. My car came form Smit Gandy Ford with a 741111 DSO.

Anyway it is another piece of the puzzle of the mystery behind my car that had al the original GT/CS fiber glass, wire harnesses and other GT/CS stuff. also of note is the lack of the GNS personalized plaque in my car. All GNS cars came with them.

If cars could just talk!!

Rob

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/cla...ustang-of-them-all/ar-AAz49kQ?ocid=spartandhp

mbsf1970

Cool article! Cars talking would be nice but I also think that equally cool would be these "special" type cars having an internal gps locator so that you could just look at a map of say North America and type in the vin and presto! A light would illuminate on the map showing where this car is......whether it be in someone's barn, a metal cube in a junkyard or cruising down the road in another colour....
stephen